PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Recording Store

AndrewSamson
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
So uhh,
does anyone know if the store on the website is gonna reopen anytime soon? I know it was closed for a while because of the Holiday Surprise tour, but it said it would be until March 28th.

BrainDamege
04-02-2011, 01:24 AM
I wonder why they closed it completely.

soniclovenoize
04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Because all the people who run Cloud Recordings (Will, John, Bill, Kelly) are on tour! ;)

AndrewSamson
04-02-2011, 05:04 PM
aha! I wish I couldve gone:/ how was it?

soniclovenoize
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
It was fucking awesome. dl my recording of the show, you'll see!

It was the first time (except for Music Tapes a few months ago) that I'd seen any of these bands, so I was in awe the whole time. Especially the Olivia TRemor Control/Sunshine Fix/Circulatory System songs. At the Mpls show I was standing directly in front of Bill Doss, like two feet away.

AndrewSamson
04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
THATS SO AMAZING!!!!! Good for you man:D are there any vinyls of the tour left? I wanna hear it so badly.
ohright. -STUPID QUESTIONS ALERT- do you know if the Music Tapes still do the Caroling Tour at all?

Abel
04-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Yes, and someone answered that question a few days ago.

soniclovenoize
04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Find the thread about the 7"... I posted some mp3s of it in there. :p

AndrewSamson
04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, and someone answered that question a few days ago.

My bad. Never got a response about it

AndrewSamson
04-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know when Kelly and Bill and anyone else on Cloud will be back on the website! I sent em a few emails and I was wondering when I could get a response.

djey308
04-12-2011, 03:55 PM
you must be new.. it is standard operating procedure to do nothing for months.

AndrewSamson
04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Nah. Its BEEN MONTHS.

BrainDamege
04-16-2011, 05:17 PM
yeah are they going to tour???

BrainDamege
04-16-2011, 05:18 PM
I think the real question at hand is..... when will there be more artwork available? CREATE!!!

Seventy72two
05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
when the store re opens im buying everything that isnt sold out in the handmade catalog

AndrewSamson
05-09-2011, 05:23 PM
when the store re opens im buying everything that isnt sold out in the handmade catalog

Thanks, it's not like I wanted to buy anything on there xD

Seventy72two
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
is it re opening any time soon?

AndrewSamson
06-09-2011, 09:30 AM
is it re opening any time soon?

No idea. I hope so!

joseph89
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
No idea. I hope so!

Me too. Cloud are a great part of Elephant 6.

kelly
07-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I got the store back up today! You can now order the new John Fernandes solo CD and the new Pipes You See, Pipes You Don't CD! Thanks.
-kelly

AndrewSamson
07-12-2011, 10:35 AM
I got the store back up today! You can now order the new John Fernandes solo CD and the new Pipes You See, Pipes You Don't CD! Thanks.
-kelly

Yay! Thanks so much!

rraaaaarrl
09-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Can't wait to buy more stuff at the OTC show.

j_brodu
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
huh? tis not up for me.

AndrewSamson
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
C'mooooooon Kelly, please answer my emails.

Gin And Jews
12-04-2011, 02:03 PM
so is it gonna open up again? I wanted an otc shirt but they were sold out of mediums by the time they got to Chicago.

AndrewSamson
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
And I still haven't gotten those CDs. :(

thedreamcomparison
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
And I still haven't gotten those CDs. :(

what CDs? anything from the cloud recordings store can be purchased from the secretly canadian distribution site...

j_brodu
12-05-2011, 12:35 PM
what CDs? anything from the cloud recordings store can be purchased from the secretly canadian distribution site...not the handmade ones, which as i understand are the ones he ordered

AndrewSamson
12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
not the handmade ones, which as i understand are the ones he ordered

Yup. Circuits and Silver.

Gin And Jews
01-15-2012, 09:54 AM
When is it gonna reopen? I want an OTC shirt, they were out of my size by the time they got to chicago.

AndrewSamson
01-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Who knows. Also WHERE ARE MY CDs. :/

j_brodu
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
and this folks, is why some people shouldn't be running a record label. someone seriously should file a paypal dispute on one of these still pending 6-month orders to see what's up.

mgocze
01-20-2012, 06:46 AM
and this folks, is why some people shouldn't be running a record label. someone seriously should file a paypal dispute on one of these still pending 6-month orders to see what's up.

that's a wicked unfair statement to make. everyone running cloud recordings has a life and another job. nobody is doing it full time. is it acceptable that there are still people waiting for things they ordered in the summer? no. but things happen. i've been in the same situation with cloud before (i ordered artwork and a shirt in early autumn of 2010 and didn't get them until february/march of 2011), but kelly has always been responsive and apologetic. you just have to keep emailing her, she'll get your things to you. if she hasn't replied, try again. maybe your messages are winding up in a spam folder. try emailing her from a different address.

plus, you can't file paypal disputes more than 45 days after the transaction took place, so your best bet is to just keep emailing kelly and/or the general cloud email address. maybe send a letter if you think your emails are being eaten by their system. maybe try asking john. just keep trying.

you will get your things eventually.

a little understanding goes a long way.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 07:18 AM
that's a wicked unfair statement to make. everyone running cloud recordings has a life and another job. nobody is doing it full time.
you will get your things eventually.

a little understanding goes a long way.

i think his whole point was, maybe people who can't devote the necessary time for it shouldn't be running a label.
and delays are one thing, and understanding DOES go a long way, but no one has exactly been given anything to be understanding about.
if i order something from a record label, and i have already payed for it, it should not then be on ME to keep having to email and harass them in order to get the things i ordered from them in the first place.
if there is something causing a delay that's fine...but it would be nice if they would at least say something to the people who have pending orders out with them.
they should know that people have ordered things. it should be on them to let people know what is going on.
can you imagine if you ordered something from bestbuy.com or amazon or ebay and after 6 months you hadn't heard a peep from the seller? you'd be LIVID

Abel
01-20-2012, 08:48 AM
You can't really expect to get the same kind of service from Cloud Recordings that you get from Amazon or Best Buy, though. It's just not a realistic expectation. I think you're absolutely in the right if you've been promised a certain level of service and haven't gotten it, but I don't think anyone made that promise or led you to believe that Cloud has professional customer service representatives that are capable of handling every inquiry you have.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan and think they're infallible. It's bullshit, but it seems more like a personal issue than some kind of failed business objective, that they need to act like a big corporation and turn what amounts to a hobby/side business into a full-time venture just because some guy is whining about it on the Townhall.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 09:06 AM
You can't really expect to get the same kind of service from Cloud Recordings that you get from Amazon or Best Buy, though. It's just not a realistic expectation. I think you're absolutely in the right if you've been promised a certain level of service and haven't gotten it, but I don't think anyone made that promise or led you to believe that Cloud has professional customer service representatives that are capable of handling every inquiry you have.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan and think they're infallible. It's bullshit, but it seems more like a personal issue than some kind of failed business objective, that they need to act like a big corporation and turn what amounts to a hobby/side business into a full-time venture just because some guy is whining about it on the Townhall.

LOL this is all hilarious
i'm not asking cloud recordings to turn into amazon.com
but maybe, you know, sending along ONE email after that guy has been waiting SIX MONTHS for his CDs would be a nice guesture?

that's all i'm getting at

Abel
01-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Yeah, that might be nice. But I wouldn't report them to Paypal or the BBB for not doing it. People get sidetracked with their real lives and/or forget.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
People get sidetracked with their real lives and/or forget.

don't put up a website with things on it to buy and ask people to buy them if you can't find the time to at least send a response email at some point within 6 months after someone orders something from said website.

one-headedboy
01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
reminds me of the whining when SM was delayed for like six months.

I've waited 6-12 months before after buying things from Nesey Gallons. Shit happens. Life happens. Etc etc.

Abel
01-20-2012, 10:38 AM
don't put up a website with things on it to buy and ask people to buy them if you can't find the time to at least send a response email at some point within 6 months after someone orders something from said website.Yeah, no shit. Also, don't order stuff from a home-based operation if speedy delivery and excellent customer service is really that important to you. Or, do it and cry about it on the internet. Your choice, I guess.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, no shit. Also, don't order stuff from a home-based operation if speedy delivery and excellent customer service is really that important to you. Or, do it and cry about it on the internet. Your choice, I guess.

Abel, you're not this dense. Are you just wanting to argue?

There's a big difference in expecting "speedy delivery and excellent customer service" and in expecting so much as at least a courtesy/explanatory email at some point in the 6 months that have silently passed since the order was placed.

Abel
01-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Right, and if you don't get it, try again or bitch about it publicly.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 11:45 AM

i really hope you buy something somewhere online soon and it never shows up. no offense.

Abel
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
It's probably happened and I forgot about whatever i ordered. I buy things mainly to make an investment in the artist, to give them money for the art they've created, not to make an investment in property to fill a warehouse full of rare records. So it wouldn't impact me in the slightest, and I'm a very patient person.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
It's probably happened and I forgot about whatever i ordered. I buy things mainly to make an investment in the artist, to give them money for the art they've created, not to make an investment in property to fill a warehouse full of rare records. So it wouldn't impact me in the slightest, and I'm a very patient person.

wow give me a break. ok dude.

if you live in a world where money doesn't matter to you then that's awesome, good for you.

if i spend money on something it's generally money i shouldn't even be spending because i don't really have extra money to spend. so when i make purchases online or buy records it's important to me.

AndrewSamson
01-20-2012, 12:53 PM

Low blow dude.

But honestly Kelly's been really apologetic and helpful. I know she has outside jobs so I figured the email responses might be a little delayed. I'm not gonna file a dispute, I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem. And I understand it's not a huge label, I wasn't expecting in a few days, just didn't think it would take 6 months, that's all.

Abel
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Keep pestering them. These are people you're dealing with, as Beaple discovered in his thread about Polyvinyl.

Abel
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
if you live in a world where money doesn't matter to you then that's awesome, good for you.Thank you.

thedreamcomparison
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Thank you.

You're welcome. I actually sincerely mean that.

AndrewSamson
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Keep pestering them. These are people you're dealing with, as Beaple discovered in his thread about Polyvinyl.

Oh god, they're people? D: I may have bitten off more than I could chew here.

Also this wasn't meant to sound like a jerk, just a half assed humor attempt.

Abel
01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Keep up the good work, Samson.

AndrewSamson
02-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I was hoping this was Kelly replying but no okay it's drugs. DRUGS.

thedreamcomparison
02-16-2012, 09:06 AM
STILL no reply at all?!?!

soniclovenoize
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking about buying a WC Hart original artwork. What you think?

AndrewSamson
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
STILL no reply at all?!?!

Correct. :/ got one about a month ago asking for my address again, so I told her and didn't hear back then I emailed her again.

Also, do it Jesse!!

BrainDamege
02-23-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm thinking about buying a WC Hart original artwork. What you think?

is there somewhere i can get some right now??? I almost had a heart attack and thought there was some for sale on the artwork page but there is not so is it somewhere else that I don't know about??? that you could tell me about pretty please with sugar on top.

AndrewSamson
03-29-2012, 01:08 PM
No email but they refunded it without saying anything. Huh. Damn I wanted those Will Hart CDs. :(

thedreamcomparison
03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
That's a bummer. What were the titles of the cd's? I may be able to find mp3s (if you'd want those)

DarkMiner
03-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Homemade catalog:
by will h.
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/insideviews.html
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/side3.html
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/circuits.html
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/silver.html
by e. harris
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/sinewave.html
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/99drops.html
---
http://www.cloudrecordings.com/catalog.html

BrainDamege
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Yup. Circuits and Silver.

hope you allready got them but the silver is pretty bomb if I do say so myself.

I personally cannot wait to get some more artwork... I'm drooling thinking about it.

AndrewSamson
04-05-2012, 04:58 AM
They didn't come. They refunded though but just sent the money without communication. Meeh. Oh well.

BrainDamege
04-05-2012, 11:19 AM
That's pretty, unprofessional... but maybe if they do a show near you, I'd shoot kelly an email and see if they can get you into the show if you didn't get a ticket. They are REALLY good about things like that so I'm sure you'll get it made up.

and home made will hart cds are not a "Meeh. Oh well" matter. best i've eva had best i've eva had so far. I don't listen to a lot of music and I don't like a lot of music so when I do find something I like I can get a little crazy. to say the least.
I like Baroque period, mass/sacred choral works, jazz, ect... I'll listen and mess around with crap on the radio but thats just for comic relief.

BrainDamege
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
serious I'm sure kelly or kelley or someone would totaly hook you up with something somehow.

Mimi_Merlot
04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
so is this store ever coming back because i really wanted a new e6 shirt because i got weird stuff on mine that won't come out and i didn't have the money on me to get one at the jeff mangum show. maybe after the tour in april or whatever pretty please.
they are usually so great with customer service so this is just very strange.

AndrewSamson
04-06-2012, 10:51 AM
yeah, I know it's not just meh. But I'd rather not mope about it. Y'know?:P I'm sure Kelly will make it up somehow. She was pretty helpful before. I still have faith!

seamantis
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Kelly and Will have just got married. I can imagine its a busy time in their lives right now. The e6 film facebook just announced this so I do this should not be revealing anything to personal.

BrainDamege
04-09-2012, 03:34 PM
how romantic.... lol

seamantis
04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
My post makes little sense. I meant to say 'so I do not think'

BrainDamege
04-19-2012, 05:45 PM
art work art work art work

Choci Loni
05-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone I'm new...so handle that as you will :whistle: Oh and the store is back up!

BrainDamege
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
hey everyone i'm new...so handle that as you will :whistle: Oh and the store is back up!

haze!!!

Mimi_Merlot
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM
LIES!!

i went there 5 seconds ago and it's weird and say the server was hacked, WTF?:confused:

mgocze
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
LIES!!

i went there 5 seconds ago and it's weird and say the server was hacked, WTF?:confused:

i think you went to elephant6.com instead of cloudrecordings.com. the cloud recordings store is back up, but the store is pseudo-closed while otc is out on tour and anything ordered between now and the 17th of june won't go out until the 18th of june. the elephant 6 store hasn't existed ever? i don't seem to recall elephant6.com ever having a webstore. perhaps i am mistaken.

Mimi_Merlot
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
no man, it was cloud recording and it was weird. but yeah it works now, haha.
it was a black background and make a weird sound and was spinning and said cloud recordings has been hacked by some tiger something

BrainDamege
06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
hey do any of you know if there are any copies of side 3 still in the store??? I emailed kelly but thought maybe a fellow town hallah tried to order and got RE JECT ED! In that case I would want to know before getting rejected.

djey308
09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
hey do any of you know if there are any copies of side 3 still in the store??? I emailed kelly but thought maybe a fellow town hallah tried to order and got RE JECT ED! In that case I would want to know before getting rejected.

are you afraid of rejection? don't live life in fear, my dear.

BrainDamege
09-23-2014, 12:25 PM
are you afraid of rejection?

yes... that is why it makes me all the braver.