PDA

View Full Version : How similar to OTC...?

Garett Strickland
05-17-2004, 10:11 PM
I've been wondering about Circulatory System, but I'm not sure I want to pick up the album if they're just OTC under a different name. I like OTC okay, but the thing I liked most about them were the animations on Black Foliage. Other than that, they're a bit poppier than I prefer...

So, I guess I should be asking:

Poppier than OTC? More sound-experimental, or less?

And does anyone know much about the Black Swan Network, as far as where they lie on the pop/experimental spectrum?

Thanks.

nice man washing
05-17-2004, 11:53 PM
You MUST get Circulatory System: it is like the darker, more experimental side of OTC, only even better. I cannot recommend the album more. It is absolutely glorious.

esme
05-18-2004, 03:03 AM
completely different

darker, more dreamy, more black foliage, more lasting... more transporting... an absolutely essential album - you simply cannot miss it.

Harnk
05-18-2004, 07:49 AM
I think they sound exactly what they are...OTC minus thebilldoss.

Pipes You See Pipes You Don't is also damn fine..as I found out yesterday

William
05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I think its darker than Olivia Tremor Control, but not as experimental. Not real poppy either though. Just different but recognizable. I tend to prefer the reanimation of Circulatory System's self-titled.

esme
05-18-2004, 10:19 PM
The most striking difference to me is the more subdued and reflective vocals, and the more orchestral instrumentation.

They certainly don't sound like simply otc minus Bill Doss to me, even thought thats what they are. Take a track like "Now" for example, thats completely independent, sonically, to anything otc have done.

dylan
06-09-2004, 12:22 PM
im gonna ask john if he's seen any of s' posts....that should be an interesting conversation.........um......unless he hasn't seen any.....ah it's worth it....