PDA

View Full Version : In a Cave

coastTOcoast533
01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
is bad. I really can't get into it. I've listened to it plenty of times and can't remember a single song. They're just all really average and bland. Any other opinions? Tell me what the best song on there is so I can try to like it. :p

nfrae
01-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I feel exactly the same way. It's not horrible or anything but it's just sort of boring.

rogersbowne
01-03-2010, 03:19 AM
I have to agree I'm not a big fan but the Venus and Mercury 10" has two songs I really like on it

Birds...The silent killer
01-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I dig Spiral Stairs. When the Red King Comes and A Dream in Sound are much much better though. I like In A Cave enough but it's nothing special.

theaddingmachine
01-04-2010, 04:46 AM
quiver and quake dude

E6stateofmind
01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
the album as a whole and I think the return to some old familiar sounds is the allure of the album....spiral stairs and tired army I really like but the album as a whole like one long song is the way to go I think. But yes dream in sound and when the red kind comes are both amazing but for some reason I'm very partial to phantom limbs....I bought it at the surpise tour show I went to and was instantly obsessed.

pinocchio
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I think it's really good. Elf Power is that way. None of their music is revolutionary or anything. I feel like I buy their records for road trips and chilling out. Aside from Red King, none of their albums were attractive on first listen. It takes about 5 or 6 listens, but I remember every song on it. I really like In A Cave. It only pales to Red King and Winter is Coming "IMO".

Best artwork for the elves so far anyway...

tito00
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
The New Mythology, Midnight Crawls Out, Paralyzed...

coastTOcoast533
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
No one mentioned Back to the Web. That might be my favorite as of now.

But thanks for those recommendations, I actually remember what Midnight Crawls Out sounds like!

Harnk
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
a band well fit for a best of closing. it seems each album has three good to great songs - with a whole lotta of filler between. with that said, the non-memorable stuff is still decent. this is a decent band. and with that said, i stopped buying their records after beggar boys - which had three killer tracks.

pinocchio
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
No one mentioned Back to the Web. That might be my favorite as of now.

love it too. peel back the moon is one of their best songs.

As for Vainly Clutching at Phantom Limbs, I think it is purely awful. I don't like a thing about it. It is the hardest of all the Elephant 6 records for me to get 10 minutes into.
It's amazing they turned out When the Red king comes 2 years later.

E6stateofmind
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
youre crazy thats the only ablum thats completely differant than the rest,,,and it was obvioulsy during the heavy fuzz bass and early rock just ike avery island...it just didnt have jeffs voice to send it into the pop song directions so it comes out more punk....its so crazy and the fact that red king which is tied for first with vainly is definatelyone of my fav EP albums but vainly is so raw and it was so early in their lives....It's whisical and fun is the best I can justify.:)