PDA

View Full Version : Signal Morning LP Anger Thread

Abel
12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Use this thread for posting updates on how angry/disappointed/annoyed/frustrated/disgusted you currently are.

MilesOfLightExplode
12-21-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't know if this is serious or not, but I would like to say that I am quite upset. Not only is the item months late with no explanation (a post on a message forum hardly counts - at the very least, an email should be sent out to all who purchased the album), but Cloud Recordings does not respond to attempts to reach out to them for more information. I purchased this album as a birthday present for my wife. When it didn't show, I thought I could make it my Christmas gift to her...and still nothing. It isn't so much the inconvenience that bothers me, it is the total lack of professionalism and complete disregard for the fans and supporters who help make this all possible. I know this isn't some big business that should be expected to have someone manning the emails etc. at all times, but is it too much to ask that those responsible show a little respect to us?

Come on.

Abel
12-21-2009, 05:49 PM
This is serious. There needed to be an appropriate topic dedicated to it, since it is a big deal to a lot of people. I would be upset if I didn't get the CD version a while back. I hope Cloud takes good note of complaints to figure out a way to avoid this in the future.

Jacob
12-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I got my vinyl a month or two ago, all nice and white. I live in east Texas, so that might have something to do with it though.

Abel
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah, to clarify, we're talking about the deluxe edition.

Abel
12-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Haha, I was just wondering why kelly would think MilesofLightExplode was this "Connor."

kelly
12-22-2009, 04:32 PM
oops! sorry connor!

kelly
12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
hey. will people please just email kelly @ cloudrecordings.com so we can resolve problems/questions? i want everyone to be happy! let's work together people!
love, kelly

ps- love you, Connor! sorry, i had the wrong person.

telboyD
12-23-2009, 05:24 AM
hey. will people please just email kelly @ cloudrecordings.com so we can resolve problems/questions? i want everyone to be happy! let's work together people!
love, kelly

ps- love you, Connor! sorry, i had the wrong person.

Kelly... been there, done that. Had a response. First, "It will be October", then November, then 2nd week of December. Just be straight with us and we wouldn't be so angry about the current state of affairs. I find it a shame that it has to come to the point where we have to start an 'angry' thread but I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that we feel ignored. Kelly, YOU are the sole link to finding out what has happened to our MONEY - $40!!! Are you aware that that is the most money I've ever spent on a piece of vinyl.? In thirty-five years of buying records.! It's not $10 or even $20. $40!!! When I hand over that kind of money I expect it to arrive on the day of release delivered on a white stallion ridden by Lady Godiva.
The sad part is... CIRCULATORY SYSTEM NEED A MANAGER WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE F*CKING DOING.! Some of the best music made this decade going unlistened to because there isn't structure or a business plan. I've been in the music biz long enough (25 years) to know that this is unacceptable. Co-ordination is the key to having a successful lp release. How they managed to get a tour together is a mystery. All I know is that I delayed getting my album so CS could do their tour in a country I don't live in. Have some respect for your international fans. We're the ones who continue to spread the word about E6/OTC/NMH/CS/tAiS etc. They wouldn't get any attention if there weren't people like me telling ATP organisers to book OTC.

Apologies and excuses are no longer enough Kelly. I want my deluxe album NOW. And the third lp better be available as a digital download too - it's the least you can do to say sorry to everyone who handed you a huge chunk of change in good faith that their favourite band would, literally, deliver the goods.! Merry Xmas.

Abel
12-23-2009, 08:11 AM
There are always going to be people who think the world was made to serve them. Kelly has been keeping us updated, so I don't know why he's begging her to be straight with us.

I'm trying to think of what Kelly did wrong here, but I don't think any of it was her fault. She couldn't have anticipated the pressing errors and everything. When you paid them the money for the records, you were paying an independent distributor; supporting independent music is always going to be somewhat philanthropic, so to act like you were expecting the smooth efficiency of a multi-million dollar corporation whose primary interest is to make money is kind of silly.

In the future, Kelly, you might want to wait to take people's money from their accounts until you ship the records. That might give people less of a reason to be mad. However, I would still pay the $35 up front knowing that you needed it at the time to complete the process and everything (since independent distributors can't always be expected to have the kind of backing to support their entire project before they make any sales).

seamantis
12-23-2009, 09:30 AM
It is reasonable for people to be frustrated but telboyD there is no reason to be a bully. People laugh at that word but reading through that post it was all I could think of. I'm sure that Kelly is being strait with us but circumstances change and no amount of honesty can change what has happened and what is going to happen.

I would love this record soon as I did not buy the CD and holding the delicious, creamy, pearly, sweet white vinyl in my hands would make my sad life complete lol. Throwing a tantrum at someone who (I dont talk so much but who I gather) is a good person and a friend of the bands whos record you are buying will not make it arrive quicker.

Congrats on your work in the music industry, it makes your response more valid than other fans. :rolleyes:

Abel
12-23-2009, 09:51 AM
That's how I feel about it, Seamus, seamantis, whatever. I'm sure Kelly must know people are concerned, but she doesn't need a coolguy coming in and telling her that she sucks and why his opinion matters. For science's sake.

rogersbowne
12-24-2009, 06:49 AM
I think anyone who purchased it had to take any release date with a grain of salt. The more anger and frustration you share with Cloud the more likely it is to poison their well on future releases (including the OTC reissues). It's cloud recordings which means our deluxe editions are probably drifting somewhere over the indian ocean and once monsoon season is over the trade winds might carry it this way.

cid
12-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Kelly... been there, done that. Had a response. First, "It will be October", then November, then 2nd week of December. Just be straight with us and we wouldn't be so angry about the current state of affairs. I find it a shame that it has to come to the point where we have to start an 'angry' thread but I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that we feel ignored. Kelly, YOU are the sole link to finding out what has happened to our MONEY - $40!!! Are you aware that that is the most money I've ever spent on a piece of vinyl.? In thirty-five years of buying records.! It's not $10 or even $20. $40!!! When I hand over that kind of money I expect it to arrive on the day of release delivered on a white stallion ridden by Lady Godiva.
The sad part is... CIRCULATORY SYSTEM NEED A MANAGER WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE F*CKING DOING.! Some of the best music made this decade going unlistened to because there isn't structure or a business plan. I've been in the music biz long enough (25 years) to know that this is unacceptable. Co-ordination is the key to having a successful lp release. How they managed to get a tour together is a mystery. All I know is that I delayed getting my album so CS could do their tour in a country I don't live in. Have some respect for your international fans. We're the ones who continue to spread the word about E6/OTC/NMH/CS/tAiS etc. They wouldn't get any attention if there weren't people like me telling ATP organisers to book OTC.

Apologies and excuses are no longer enough Kelly. I want my deluxe album NOW. And the third lp better be available as a digital download too - it's the least you can do to say sorry to everyone who handed you a huge chunk of change in good faith that their favourite band would, literally, deliver the goods.! Merry Xmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQ7XhMgp3M found a good place to use this :D

applesacks
12-24-2009, 09:37 AM
for someone that listens to such loving music, you sure are full of a lot of hate.

E6stateofmind
12-24-2009, 10:28 AM
wow after telboys post im scared to write anything....im not even angry but i was thinking maybe you guys could have a couple ink stamps made of your autographs and stamp a piece of canvas for each of the deluxe editions....the ink so your hand doesnt cramp thats alot of writing...or just something extra special n nice. -B:)

weathh
12-24-2009, 11:15 AM
wow after telboys post im scared to write anything....im not even angry but i was thinking maybe you guys could have a couple ink stamps made of your autographs and stamp a piece of canvas for each of the deluxe editions....the ink so your hand doesnt cramp thats alot of writing...or just something extra special n nice. -B:)

now thats a badass idea....... but is there any word on when exactly the deluxe edition is coming out?

EarthlyCitizen
12-24-2009, 11:39 AM
It's coming out exactly soon.

telboyD
12-26-2009, 09:49 PM
you, telboyD, are a cruel, cruel person. how could you post something so rude? especially publicly? fuck off, cunt. you come across as a whiny 8 year old who didn't get what he wanted for christmas. calm the fuck down.

I don't think my two daughters, aged 6 and 13, would agree with you. You wouldn't say those words to my face. 'CUNT'?! Wtf.? You wouldn't have the bottle i assure you. Whereas, if I were in a record store five months after giving them $40 for an album I had bought and they were still coming up with excuses, well you'd demand to know either the whereabouts of either the product or your money. Fyi, I didn't get anything for Christmas. We live on the breadline in our house. My only major purchase this year was after pleading with my wife to let me buy the deluxe Signal Morning. I kid you not. That was going to be my birthday and Christmas pressie combined. Why are Americans soooo rude.? In Britain we believe it's your right to complain. You've never heard the phrase, 'the customer is ALWAYS right'.?
Btw - I never for once said that Kelly sucks (unless she's the manager). Point out the relevant quote, please. I have every right to 'feel ignored' as that's what keeps happening until someone like me kicks off about this pathetic situation (especially with this being the 'angry' thread). If I could be assured by the people at Cloud that up to Christmas Eve they were at the pressing plant making sure that everything went well and then placed those finished articles into the envelopes before attaching a stamp and posting it to me. Also, some of us don't need to buy vinyl editions of OTC records... we were there at the beginning of E6 and have followed the bands ever since John Peel first played their stuff.

Abel
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I do notice that people from England get really pissy. I know a lot of Englishmen from another site that I've been with since 2004, and while I would call them really great guys, they sure know how to be arrogant pricks.

thekingisdead
12-26-2009, 10:10 PM
all hail less breakfast

seamantis
12-27-2009, 02:46 AM
I do notice that people from England get really pissy. I know a lot of Englishmen from another site that I've been with since 2004, and while I would call them really great guys, they sure know how to be arrogant pricks.

hmm I think that is a little unfair. A lot of people from the UK do get really pissy but their are also a lot of polite, well mannered from the UK also.

..but we do all love to complain :p

Abel
12-27-2009, 09:07 AM
I didn't say all people, that would just be silly.

Abel
12-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Because of tellboyd?

telboyD
12-27-2009, 12:00 PM
so done with this board.

Why, had all the deluxe editions sold out when you went to order one.?
Believe me, no harm was intended by my posts, only the desire for someone to get things sorted.

damonin
12-27-2009, 12:45 PM
telboyD has the right to complain.

Abel
12-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Perhaps, but you don't need to be rude and condescending in a complaint.

tsuxiit
12-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Why is there anger over this? I'm sure Cloud is doing the best they can. You'll get nowhere by complaining. If you love the band and Elephant 6 you wouldn't be stressing this absurd business-customer obligation you've placed on them. Cloud takes a long time sometimes. You'll get your money's worth if you love the music. That's how it works. If not getting your deluxe edition Signal Morning ruined Christmas for you, telboyD, I'm sorry that your life is so empty but I'm not sorry that you haven't received your record.

damonin
12-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Perhaps, but you don't need to be rude and condescending in a complaint.

i agree, but you guys are attacking him back. not really a good way to make things better :)

Abel
12-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Only geneautry got upset about it really. I don't want any part in the anger, I just thought it would be good to channel all of it into a separate, sanitized thread.

one-headedboy
12-28-2009, 07:35 AM
I STILL LOVE YOU CONNOR, DoN'T WORRY!

radiowires
12-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Not just geneautry - I know that a lot of other people are upset about it, too. We're just all sort of speechless. I've never seen such impatience and meanness around here as I've been seeing lately. People don't seem to realize that everyone is doing their best, they are trying to provide the highest quality product to you guys because they know you respect music as much as they do, and they all have day jobs and lives. Cloudrecordings will never fail you. Please allow them to do things the right way, not the fast way.

aideeee
12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
what is the latest update on the whole thing does anyone know? im pretty lost

jdrawmeasheep
12-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Uh oh! He's in the music biz guyz! THE music biz!!

one-headedboy
12-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Uh oh! He's in the music biz guyz! THE music biz!!
IT'S THE MAN, man

radiowires
12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
for anyone who might not see the "update" thread in the Cloudrecordings forum, Mike Turner provided a thorough account of the general issues here...
http://www.e6townhall.com/showpost.php?p=245987&postcount=144

Dihnekis
12-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah but that post has nothing to do with this pressing.

We were told December. Now the records aren't going to arrive until January.... at least haha.

Anyway, I don't even care anymore. If I wanted my money back, I would have asked for it back a while ago. If I didn't get it back, I would file a PayPal dispute and TAKE it back. TelboyD, if this is really such a big problem for you, you can easily get a refund, either through Kelly or through PayPal.

aideeee
12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
thanks radiowires

oze6er
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
i wasn't angry before but to have absolutely no word month after month is a fucking kick in the teeth. when did we order this, a year ago?

come on, i don't want to have bad feelings towards one of my favourite labels in the world. get your act together

imbored
02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I'd be a lot happier with the delay if they gave us a reason.

Although, instead of (or in addition to) the bonus lp, they should just send us the new Olivia Tremor Control album (although they're probably nowhere near ready to record it).

one-headedboy
02-10-2010, 01:27 AM
yeah I'm so mad I won't be happy unless they send me snippings of Jeff Mangum's hair dudes.

lenn9o9n
02-10-2010, 03:58 AM
yeah I'm so mad I won't be happy unless they send me snippings of Jeff Mangum's hair dudes.

i think abel forgot to mention in his # of posts thread how to obtain mangum hair but i'm gonna take a wild guess that it's before the blowjob.

abgcunited11
02-10-2010, 11:04 AM
i just don't even care any more...

tsuxiit
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM
All of you still complaining are dicks. That's really what it comes down to.

They could have shipped you the mediocre, fucked up records with the fucked up LP jackets, but they didn't. That's because kelly and Cloud care. And Cloud cares because they somehow still have faith that the people who order from them (and post on the Townhall) love the music and understand that sometimes things get screwed up and take longer than expected. I can't tell you why it took four months for it to get fixed, but I can tell you one thing: Cloud is working as hard as they can to get it fixed for 'YOU'. By 'YOU' I mean the only reason (unfortunately) that Circulatory System can keep doing what they're doing and we can all enjoy wonderful music. You are why Cloud Recordings exists, and they know that. What do you think they're doing with your money? This isn't some huge record label that plays games with peoples money; this is Elephant 6. Please get that through your heads and realize that complaining about the situation only makes you look like a dick and ruins the entire point of what we're all here for.

seamantis
02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Hmm. I can totally understand why people would be frustrated with the delay and I think cloud can as well. I dont think it makes anyone a dick for being dissapointed about a record delay. That said it was out of clouds hands anyway.

Birds...The silent killer
02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Can we get the e-mail for the pressing plant so we can harass them?

Abel
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Let's wait until the records are pressed and then burn the plant down.

Dihnekis
02-11-2010, 02:22 PM
nevermind

seamantis
02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Was the hearsay account my acount?

Dihnekis
02-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Was the hearsay account my acount?

well yeah, but that's not a bad thing. i just meant it wasn't from someone at cloud (unless you work at cloud, and then my bad completely). I still believed you anyway, just wasn't "official".

seamantis
02-13-2010, 03:01 AM
No I just thought there was an update from someone else. It is hearsay until its official anyway :)

And work at cloud? I wish! haha

telboyD
02-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Almost March. Any news.?

seamantis
02-27-2010, 12:59 PM
We all have our copy dont you?

..No I cant be that cruel :P

damonin
02-27-2010, 01:17 PM
you don't acutally do you?

seamantis
02-27-2010, 02:47 PM
No, I would have probably boasted about it by now..

I think we should post up our handmade covers when we receive them, will be nice to see the differences :)

damonin
02-28-2010, 11:52 AM
that's a great idea, :D

that is.... IF we ever get them.

hhbtmike
03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
i know the test pressing for the bonus LP came recently and now they are just waiting on the records to arrive. with how bad some plants have been lately, who knows when that will be, but they did get test pressings and it was approved. i think the folks who did the preorder will be happy with the bonus lp sleeve. mike

EllertTremorControl
03-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I think we should post up our handmade covers when we receive them, will be nice to see the differences :)

YEP! I'm looking forward to seeing all those (and of course my own!)

kelly
03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.elephant6.com/new-side3.jpg
an OFFICIAL update:
www.cloudrecordings.com/preorder2.html

Optikos
03-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Great news! EVEN GOT A LITTLE BIT EXTRA. well worth the wait.

i wish i chould hug you threw the internet

cid
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Good to see an update

mgocze
03-04-2010, 02:18 PM
an OFFICIAL update:

this is the best news of the week! thanks kelly!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kypordTpGK1qzs75go1_500.jpg

weathh
03-04-2010, 02:50 PM
this....is....

AWESOME!!

Abel
03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Great news, but God, I'm still so angry! ERRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

damonin
03-04-2010, 04:19 PM
sweet!

seamantis
03-04-2010, 05:02 PM
an OFFICIAL update:

Marry me Kelly..

Dihnekis
03-04-2010, 09:28 PM
That is very exciting. The cover looks awesome.

imbored
03-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Beautiful...

Cloud Recordings, you're my hero.

seamantis
03-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Please can we see the fucked up covers?

Abel
03-05-2010, 07:20 AM
I want evidence that there were fuck ups with the printing and pressing, RIGHT NOW.

Abel
03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
By the way, I'm just kidding.

jml
03-05-2010, 07:23 PM
guess i'll find out soon enough, but i've been wondering since august: is the bonus LP one-sided? the title "side three" sort of suggested that to me.

Abel
03-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I remember hearing about a one-sided LP at some point, and I can't think of any other LP it could have been but this. So maybe.

damonin
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
fuck 1 sided... if its short turn up the RPM and make it double sided. gawd...

DrPanda97
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
So how about those extras? How much do they cost?

aideeee
03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
finaly!

Abel
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Got mine today!

I WISH

cid
03-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Does anyone have it yet?

Abel
03-13-2010, 08:20 AM
No.

Akryllic Love
03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
fuck 1 sided... if its short turn up the RPM and make it double sided. gawd...

Why does it matter? You're already getting a bonus LP, I don't see why you have to find something else to complain about...

damonin
03-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Why does it matter? You're already getting a bonus LP, I don't see why you have to find something else to complain about...

I just don't see a point in a 1 sided vinyl when there is space to bring up the quality of the recording why not go for it? anyways I don't really care that much.

ALSO I enjoy complaining.

Optikos
03-13-2010, 03:55 PM
tHIS ALBUM IS TEARING US APART

kelly
03-13-2010, 05:39 PM
The bonus LP is 2-sided, about 36 minutes of music.

cid
03-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Kelly saves the day :)

damonin
03-14-2010, 10:54 AM
:D

Dihnekis
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
In an email she send monday as in tomorrow.

Abel
03-14-2010, 07:55 PM
"Monday the 8th" as in tomorrow. Yeah okay.

one-headedboy
03-14-2010, 08:36 PM

I didn't get no email :confused:

cid
03-15-2010, 02:44 AM

please explain?

Dihnekis
03-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I emailed her reconfirming my address change, and she said they go out today. Got the email like 2 days ago.

Abel
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
I just realized Cloud Recordings has a customer service phone number.

cid
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
I emailed her reconfirming my address change, and she said they go out today. Got the email like 2 days ago.

Thanks for clearing that up

octaviusgprime
03-17-2010, 12:50 AM
It's almost 10 days after they've shipped and I haven't heard anything about mine. :(

Pastesticks
03-17-2010, 05:43 AM
http://assets1.theroomsoundboard.com/AtomicBomb.mp3

I dont think anyone has heard anything, so you're not alone.

Dihnekis
03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure they haven't shipped. The non-special version came with shipping notifications, and as no one has come in here screaming about their notification email... I think it is safe to assume they haven't shipped. That and the USPS gets packages to my house from Athens in about 2 days anyway.

cid
03-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Maybe Kelly can help?

mgocze
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
i just got a notice from paypal that it's shipping status is "in process." i don't know exactly what "in process" means, but it sounds like a step in the right direction (that direction is towards a door stoop some mourning doves roost above in maine).

Akryllic Love
03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I got an email!

03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
In process! Not sure what that means exactly but something is happening!

seamantis
03-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm suprised at how patient I have been with this release, I think i'm finally growing up :D

Seriously cannot wait for this release. I love everything about signal morning so I think it will be interesting for us to hear what it could have been on side 3. Also the bonus CD? That is a nice extra, thanks a lot cloud!

Abel
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Uh oh, I just got a mysterious deposit of $35 into my bank account from "AUDIO CREDIT ORG XXX BRANCH XXXX." Funny coincidence that's what the Deluxe cost.

cid
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
For those who don't scroll down more than this (1 so far)

http://www.e6townhall.com/showthread.php?16680-Post-pictures-of-the-hand-made-signal-morning-cover-thread&p=258241#post258241

Abel
03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Good point, I'll post that in the other thread too.

damonin
03-19-2010, 03:22 PM
still nothing for me... hooray!

cid
03-19-2010, 04:10 PM
still nothing for me... hooray!

Same here ;)

EllertTremorControl
03-20-2010, 01:31 AM
I just now saw I got a paypal email on Wednesday March 17th that says:
Cloud Recordings added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.
Shipper USPS
Tracking number Media Mail
Shipping status In Process
If you have questions about the shipment, please contact cloud@cloudrecordings.com

Does "In Process" mean it shipped? Or would it say 'Shipped'?
I guess you can't track Media Mail?
Oh, well. It's a step in the right direction at least!

EDIT: Haha! I don't know how I missed the posts right before this one, but it's almost word for word what's already been said. Sorry, friends!

seamantis
03-20-2010, 06:43 AM
You will be sorry Ellert:mad:

:p

Abel
03-20-2010, 06:56 AM
I'm guessing that it would actually say "Shipped" if it was shipped, like the CD did. You can't track media mail, though, as far as I'm aware (and I'm pretty aware).

Gin And Jews
03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
has everyone gotten paypal emails?

EarthlyCitizen
03-20-2010, 10:48 AM
I still haven't got one.

Dihnekis
03-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I got one friday. Email, not the records.

GoldenGiven
03-20-2010, 11:29 AM
no email - i'm starting to get very concerned.

EarthlyCitizen
03-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think there is any reason to be concerned if you haven't gotten anything yet. That's a lot of albums to ship, and I'm sure everyone who ordered one will get it. Another week or two on top of the half a year of waiting isn't much to worry about even though I will be overwhelmed with happiness when it arrives.

Abel
03-21-2010, 12:19 PM
That's it, I'm going to cancel my order and order Signal Morning from some other band.

seamantis
03-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm still angry, will be ages before it gets to UK:mad:

..Its coming first class yay:D Say what you want about time keeping but cloud recordings are lovely to their fans!

Abel
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
COME ON ALREADY!

I expect all of you to post in this thread or somewhere as soon as you get yours. Before you even open it.

funeralpudding
03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
COME ON ALREADY!

I expect all of you to post in this thread or somewhere as soon as you get yours. Before you even open it.

This will be the only post I make in a thread ridiculous enough to vent anger about this situation - get over yourself

Dihnekis
03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok come on, at this point lets just admit that after waiting half a year for this, it is acceptable to be slightly frustrated. Any other behavior strikes me as kinda cultish.

damonin
03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
i ordered some tee shirts from cloud too and haven't gotten any emails about either shipment hopefully they will both be coming together... and at some point while im still alive.

funeralpudding
03-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Any other behavior strikes me as kinda cultish.

Well, yeah, but this is a very good-looking cult:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2705/4443826131_29199e1252.jpg

Abel
03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
This will be the only post I make in a thread ridiculous enough to vent anger about this situation - get over yourselfI haven't been angry about this during any point in the process. Get out of here with your misdirected aggression. Did you even read the OP or any of my posts in this thread or in the other threads? I know the answer, don't worry.

aideeee
03-23-2010, 11:34 AM
:(i havent gotten an email

funeralpudding
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I haven't been angry about this during any point in the process.

Sorry if I took your "Anger Thread" the wrong way

Abel
03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Apology accepted. As you're now aware (since I'm certain you took my advice and actually read my posts) I made this thread for people who were angry to keep all of the bitching in one spot and to stop it from polluting the other good threads about the album.

03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Mine shipped! I just got an e-mail confirming it.

Abel
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Same.

truthinadvertising
03-25-2010, 06:40 AM
I haven't gotten an e-mail confirmation yet. Anyone else in this boat?

EarthlyCitizen
03-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah I still haven't got my confirmation.

03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Jeff can only deliver a few copies at a time. He can't lug around too many albums at a time these days. We were just chosen first.

CrazyHorse
03-26-2010, 06:11 AM
My shipping confirmation email said: "Pete will come to your door, hug you and give you your copy of Signal Morning. Because he loves Belgium. Don't forget to have beers in your refrigerator."

Dihnekis
03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
haha awesome

DaJe
03-26-2010, 06:49 PM
I just got an email tonight confirming that mine has been shipped. Can't wait :D

schroeder
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Got an email as well! Just when i'm about to go to Italy for a week but oh well. At least its finally coming.

exboredom
03-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Got the good word. CANT WAITE

damonin
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM
i got my confirmation today!

Abel
03-27-2010, 10:25 PM
It's been about 5 days since it shipped. I was hoping to get it earlier, but Monday is another (business) day.

DaJe
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
I think I'm one of the few people here who hasn't been extremely angry and upset over this. Though I do agree that it's not the best business practice to not send out emails regarding this earlier. I'm sure a lot of people who ordered this are people who post here, but not every single person is, and they shouldn't have to resort to coming here to find answers. Aside from all of that, I'm still happy with all of this. I'm just appreciative of being able to have and enjoy this music. And it's just a small indie label too, it's not like it's a really big corporation or anything. These people put all of this together by hand, possibly in just their own homes. I'll just be happy whenever I get it, and I'm looking forward to having it soon. I have no idea what day to expect it, but I'm sure I should have it this week :)

avant
03-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Well put, DaJe. There have been many times that I've wanted to express this, but I've been afraid of the backlash that seems to come whenever anyone says anything negative here.

I don't mind waiting as long as I know what's going on. I deal with orders from people all the time, and I always make sure to send out mass updates when there are delays. I still haven't received a shipping confirmation, so I'm naturally a little nervous about the whole thing. I'm moving in a month, so I'm hoping it arrives before I leave.

And for the record, the middle fingers don't help anything.

03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm going to have an Easter present when I get home for break. It almost makes up for my parents' decision not to give any of us candy. Something about how we are too old.

Abel
03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I think I'm one of the few people here who hasn't been extremely angry and upset over this. Though I do agree that it's not the best business practice to not send out emails regarding this earlier. I'm sure a lot of people who ordered this are people who post here, but not every single person is, and they shouldn't have to resort to coming here to find answers. Aside from all of that, I'm still happy with all of this. I'm just appreciative of being able to have an enjoy this music. And it's just a small indie label too, it's not like it's a really big corporation or anything. These people put all of this together by hand, possibly in just their own homes. I'll just be happy whenever I get it, and I'm looking forward to having it soon. I have no idea what day to expect it, but I'm sure I should have it this week :)Yeah, this is how I've felt all along too.

Dihnekis
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
And for the record, the middle fingers don't help anything.

Agreed.

aideeee
03-31-2010, 06:26 AM
finaly got the email... its only a matter of time :rolleyes:

Abel
03-31-2010, 10:26 PM
So I got it today, but it was way too late to have a listening party (a listening party that I planned in early 2009 when I thought I'd be getting the vinyl in August). Now I live far away from all of my friends and they've dispersed to various locations in the world.

DaJe
04-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I hear the mail truck bringing a delivery of today's mail to be sorted to the post office right now. Today might be the day! Hopefully the flooding of essentially the entire state below me will have no effect on when it arrives.

funeralpudding
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
So I got it today, but it was way too late to have a listening party (a listening party that I planned in early 2009 when I thought I'd be getting the vinyl in August). Now I live far away from all of my friends and they've dispersed to various locations in the world.

If your friends were leaving, then you probably should have had a listening party with mp3s - would that really have been so uncool and such a drastic reduction in sound quality as to make it not worthwhile?

They could have sent you inferior vinyl a few months ago, would you have preferred that for your little listening party?

Abel
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Stop being a cunt everywhere on this site. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of reading it.

I could have had a listening party as soon as it leaked, but I wanted to wait for the official release and receiving the real deal. Yeah, it would have been less fun to celebrate a record before its release date.

funeralpudding
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Stop being a cunt everywhere on this site. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of reading it.

I could have had a listening party as soon as it leaked, but I wanted to wait for the official release and receiving the real deal. Yeah, it would have been less fun to celebrate a record before its release date.

It's pretty ironic you call me a cunt. I refrained from specifically calling out the cuntish little pity-party guilt trip you're trying to give Cloud and instead asked two very legitimate questions. It's obvious you haven't fully understood the second, because if you did you'd realize how bad it makes your whining look - "They could have sent you inferior vinyl a few months ago, would you have preferred that for your little listening party?" Seriously. If they didn't give a fuck about us, their fans, they could have shipped as-is (and not included any bonus extras like the CD). Would you have honestly preferred that? You're delusional if you think you're in some kind of justified bitching majority tired of the "cunt" calling your bitching what it is - the original deluxe cover picture had at least four middle fingers directed right at you. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of reading the bitching.

seamantis
04-01-2010, 03:16 PM
fellas play nicely:hm:

Abel
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
It's pretty ironic you call me a cunt. I refrained from specifically calling out the cuntish little pity-party guilt trip you're trying to give Cloud and instead asked two very legitimate questions. It's obvious you haven't fully understood the second, because if you did you'd realize how bad it makes your whining look - "They could have sent you inferior vinyl a few months ago, would you have preferred that for your little listening party?" Seriously. If they didn't give a fuck about us, their fans, they could have shipped as-is (and not included any bonus extras like the CD). Would you have honestly preferred that? You're delusional if you think you're in some kind of justified bitching majority tired of the "cunt" calling your bitching what it is - the original deluxe cover picture had at least four middle fingers directed right at you. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of reading the bitching.You're so fucking thick, it's incredible. I haven't bitched about the record being delayed once. I think you accused me of being angry about it a short while ago and I explained that I made this thread because I was tired of hearing people bitch and wanted to keep the anger out of the better threads (http://www.e6townhall.com/showthread.php?16249-Signal-Morning-LP-Anger-Thread&p=258706#post258706) (the update thread kelly made, for example). Why you keep refusing to acknowledge this or to read my posts at all is a mystery to me. It's hilarious that you're trying to defend Cloud from me considering that I have been defending Cloud and trying to quell the bitching for almost a year now.

I'm not blaming Cloud for ruining the possibility of a listening party with my friends. They couldn't have known those were my plans to be able to ruin them. Instead, I just felt like sharing that tidbit because it's the first thing I thought of when I got the record, that I have almost nobody to listen to it with. So stop being so dense and interpreting everything people say as some kind of challenge for you to conquer.

funeralpudding
04-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I haven't bitched about the record being delayed once.
It's not really fair for you to get defensive and claim to not be bitching when instead of posting anything positive about the album after receiving it, you post something negative - it's not hard to interpret that as bitching (especially considering your petty post in the " Post pictures of the hand made signal morning cover thread": "I'm not going to post pictures. Just imagine what all of the other covers look like, it's pretty much the same.").

Abel
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
It's the only thing of note I had to say. My receipt of the album was bittersweet because it made me miss my friends, sorry. If you like to jump on people's shit for being sad, check out the "Things that are bumming you out today" thread (of which I am no great contributor), you'll love it.

Also, why is that post petty? I don't have a digital camera and I don't want to go to lengths to post pictures when the CDR art is the same and the Side 3 art is like 95% similar. But go ahead and keep trying to convince me that I'm angry, I think you're getting close.

DaJe
04-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, I finally got mine :)

cid
04-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Still no LP for me I'm starting to get scared :(

Abel
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM
When did you get your shipping alert? It took mine, I think, 8 days to get to New Jersey.

avant
04-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Still no shipping alert for me. I'm stunned that people have received their packages already.

cid
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
When did you get your shipping alert? It took mine, I think, 8 days to get to New Jersey.

I haven't gotten one yet but like avant I also was one of the last to order if that makes a difference (likewise I'm a bit parionid about my of Montreal Lps since there have been no new tracking updates since the 26th)

Abel
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Ah, I ordered within the first few seconds of it going online. My order actually is listed as July 31st on paypal (I think it went online at 12:00am August 1st). I was sitting there refreshing the page every 2 seconds until the link showed up and then I paypal'd it within 8 seconds, I'd say. Definitely got mine a bit later than other people.

Abel
04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I guess I should clarify before funeralpudding comes in here and shits on my chest that I'm not complaining about getting it late, I'm just explaining that I don't think the order queue has much to do with the shipping queue.

funeralpudding
04-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I guess I should clarify before funeralpudding comes in here and shits on my chest that I'm not complaining about getting it late, I'm just explaining that I don't think the order queue has much to do with the shipping queue.

Are you still butthurt over me calling you out on your negativity? Get over it.

Abel
04-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Chest shat upon.

funeralpudding
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Chest shat upon.

unless you want to call me out again, go take a shower and come back clean and fresh and give SM another listen and we can pretend this didn't happen. This morning we remembered everything, this evening we forgot.

Abel
04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I just took a shower and now you're shitting on my chest again? Get a colonoscopy, dude. Glad we have you around to call people out on negativity though, that's what fixes negativity. Getting called out on it. Because my ethereal bittersweet musing that lasted two lines was really bringing this place down and your posts calling me out all got us in a better mood.

Abel
04-02-2010, 11:05 PM
And more caustic shit.

Abel
04-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Keep going, you're really close to proving to me that I'm angry.

funeralpudding
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I just took a shower and now you're shitting on my chest again? Get a colonoscopy, dude. Glad we have you around to call people out on negativity though, that's what fixes negativity. Getting called out on it. Because my ethereal bittersweet musing that lasted two lines was really bringing this place down and your posts calling me out all got us in a better mood.

No, it's you that's got us in a better mood, Abel, you're a ray of fucking sunshine

I tried to offer an olive branch, but I'll stop now and let you have the last word, piss and moan all you want

Abel
04-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't mind being the smaller man if it means I get to be right.

DaJe
04-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Well I know I'm not angry. I finally have Signal Morning going on my turntable. And with this music playing, how could I ever be angry?

avant
04-03-2010, 11:54 AM
I placed mine August 18th. I'm starting to wonder if they're shipping things in alphabetical order.

Dihnekis
04-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I placed my order on August 1st. I got a shipping confirmation on March 23rd. I'm in North Florida. No Signal Morning still.

grimble gromble
04-04-2010, 11:10 AM
My order was placed August 10th... no shipping confirmation yet... emailed Kelly a few days back but no response yet. I'd be more worried about it but it seems like there's a bunch of you in the same boat as me

UPDATE >>> Got the shipping confirmation email yesterday (4/5)!

funeralpudding
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Keep telling me I'm angry, see what happens.

What happens? Your anger spills over into other forums and threads?

octaviusgprime
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Shut the fuck up please and let's get back to discussing when our albums shipped.

I placed mine on August 1st and it's here.

Abel
04-04-2010, 09:15 PM
What happens? Your anger spills over into other forums and threads?Absolutely nothing.

David G.
04-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok, going completely off tompic from the current anger between Abel and Funeralpudding (stop fighting guys, it makes the forum less fun), the few copies left of the Delux vinyl that Cloud said they would sell, they haven't gone on sale yet have they?

Abel
04-06-2010, 08:25 PM
You want some of this anger, David G.? Take a ticket, bitch.

And no, I don't think anything else was said about that since then, and I don't think they've gone on sale yet. Best to email kelly and maybe ask about calling dibs on one.

Gin And Jews
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
ok, so i'm sure this has been addressed but i don't feel like sifting through pointless bickering to find it: i got my confirmation email on monday, how long should i expect before it comes? I think i saw abel say 8 days. Is this the same for others? I'm in chicago so maybe it'll come sooner?

David_R._Gross
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Gin And Jews, I'm in the Chicagoland area, and I got my shipment 4 days after the confirmation....so possibly tomorrow for you.

Abel
04-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Actually, to revise my previous statement, I believe my order came in 7 (USPS) business days after the shipping confirmation.

EarthlyCitizen
04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I got mine 4 days after the shipping email. I'm in north Florida so I'm kind of nearby.

Dihnekis
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I got mine 4 days after the shipping email. I'm in north Florida so I'm kind of nearby.

Yeah that is why I'm scared. Mine supposedly shipped on march 23rd, and the address I shipped it to is in St Augustine... and it still hasn't arrived.

radiowires
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I've shipped a ton of stuff by media mail and, time-wise, it's very unpredictable. But it is very reliable.

I wouldn't worry until a whole month has gone by.

Dihnekis
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Well shit. Really though, almost the exact same distance and you think one might arrive in 4 days, while the other might arrive in a month?

EarthlyCitizen
04-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I would be worried too with those address changes. Have you been able to get a hold of Kelly to ask her about it or anything?

radiowires
04-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Dihnekis - sorry, I didn't realize there might be an address change complication. If you are having trouble getting in contact with cloud, pm me your query and I'll get it to them.

Dihnekis
04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I would be worried too with those address changes. Have you been able to get a hold of Kelly to ask her about it or anything?

Yes I got an email from her about 3 days ago saying they definitely sent it to the new address and that it was probably still in the mail. It shipped on March 23rd. Today is the 12th business day since it shipped, so there is always the chance that media mail from Athens to North Florida is slow as fuck.

Dihnekis - sorry, I didn't realize there might be an address change complication. If you are having trouble getting in contact with cloud, pm me your query and I'll get it to them.

I appreciate the offer, so far kelly has been quite responsive though.

cid
04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Still nothing :(

Sanjuro
04-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Thankfully, I received mine today. :)

However, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find the number on the Side 3 jacket.
Also, while I did find the download code for Side 3, isn't there supposed to be a code for
the download of Signal Morning?

Sanjuro
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
whoops

Gin And Jews
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
i got mine today! WOOOOOO!!! is the side 3 album numbered? i'm psyched. i wish i didn't have a paper to write. i do know that tomorrow i am getting ripped, sitting down, and enjoying my purchase. also, the marbled vinyl looks so fucking cool.

also, what is the piece of paper in the middle of the bonus vinyl for? is it just so the sleeves don't stick to themselves? i figure that's probably why.

Abel
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I figure that's why, too. Nobody's Side 3 seems to be numbered.

applesacks
04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
the numbers are backordered...they'll be here in june

Abel
04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I'll chalk it up to another printing error. Maybe a painting error in this case.

Gin And Jews
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
whatever, i don't really care whether mine was 1 or 300. I'm just psyched I got it. Also, that bonus live cd is fuckin sweet.

Dihnekis
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
yeah just be happy you even got an unnumbered one. the mail ate mine.

Abel
04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
My mailman always puts a rubber band around my vinyl boxes and hangs it on my mailbox flag, down by the road where anyone can just take it. I would definitely take that shit if I saw that hanging off of someone's mailbox like that.

EarthlyCitizen
04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
What the hell? I don't know if I could live with that. Maybe could be justified if you had a super long driveway, but otherwise...

Abel
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
It's not super long, and he drives up for other packages. I guess vinyl and smaller, he rubber bands to the flag.

04-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Thankfully, I received mine today. :)

However, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find the number on the Side 3 jacket.
Also, while I did find the download code for Side 3, isn't there supposed to be a code for
the download of Signal Morning?

There should be a download code for Signal Morning, I got one. I did not find my Side 3 jacket numbered though.

Abel
04-16-2010, 08:24 AM
I didn't find a download code for Signal Morning itself, either.

Gin And Jews
04-16-2010, 01:36 PM
also, wasn't side three supposed to be random? i feel like i have the same order as everyone. Or it's at least the same order as the one up on waffles, which belongs to a certain someone on the board. again, not really a big deal but i'm curious as to what was random about it.

EarthlyCitizen
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I think they meant the marbling on the vinyl was random.

Dihnekis
04-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah it would be pretty hard to do different track orders of the same vinyl I think. Make testing a bitch.

weathh
04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
dear god its BEAUTIFUL

Abel
04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
the one up on waffles, which belongs to a certain someone on the board.I don't really blame him/her for sharing a limited vinyl-only bonus disk, because I think that's exactly the kind of thing that needs to be shared, but whoever it is is probably a big fuckin' asshole anyway so fuck him.

Abel
04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I mean, fuck him/her.

Gin And Jews
04-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I think they meant the marbling on the vinyl was random.

ahh, that makes much more sense.

Gin And Jews
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
whoever it is is probably a big fuckin' asshole anyway so fuck him.

yeah, that's what i said.