PDA

View Full Version : Joe Christmas

sic transit gloria
04-28-2004, 02:50 PM
What do you folks know about Joe Christmas? Are the two albums similar to Summer Hymns? How would you rate them? Thanks..

Harnk
04-29-2004, 06:22 AM
everytime I try and search on them I come up with some Christain music group. I thought it was SH under a different name.

sic transit gloria
04-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Yes, Joe Christmas was on a Christian label, Tooth and Nail. I know that Zach and Philip were in this group and was wondering if their music was similar to Some Are Hymns.

ed
04-30-2004, 01:42 PM
joe christmas was more kind of a indie rock band (like early pavement, sebadoh etc). both albums are great, so you should check them out.

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by ed]

lars
05-21-2004, 07:04 PM
tooth and nail always has the two joe xmas albums on sale for $3. i highly suggest northbound to the future as a starter. i never quite understood the reason why they were on T&N, but it doesn't detune the fact they're one of my favorites.

Bishop Chris
06-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, Zach always told me that in high school, in the Austell/Marietta area of Georgia, if you wanted to be in a band and play shows, the "Christian" music scene was the only one available...Joe Christmas is by no means Christian music, but if you wanted to read those meanings into some of it you probably could. But it was more like they were putting one over on the big Alternative Christian label in order to get their music released. Both albums are excellent and if you like Summer Hymns you should DEFINITELY get them. $3 is a steal, too. If you want a real laugh, though, try to find an album by the Sanctified Glory Mountain Revival Family...

Harnk
06-02-2004, 10:08 AM
I recently heard a JC song on a Kindercore compilation, and by no means does it compare with Summer Hymns. It leaned towards awful. But fukk it, the Hymns are the shizzle on the tip of my wizzle dizzle

Currently finding the new EP to be thorughly enjoyable.

Voice Brother and Sister will always be in my rotation..perfect summer night lounging music