PDA

View Full Version : clemency

ed
05-08-2003, 09:24 PM
just got the new album "clemency", and it's so very great! one of the best releases this year! great work!!!
anyone else into it?

bokbokbokbok
05-19-2003, 08:55 AM
I bought a copy when the summer hymns drummer was on tour with Circulatory System and I love it! I think it is the best Summer Hymns album yet. It has lots of pedal steel and has the best songs they've written out of their 3 albums. How can you go wrong with a song called "Pete Rose Affinity?"

RobotWizard
07-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Actually, Clemency is one of the biggest dissappointments of recent times for me...I want to know how Summer Hymns got so bland. A Celebratory Arm Gesture is one of my favorite albums of all time- one of the few albums I never get sick of. But Clemency is medicore twangy indie rock at best. What happened to the noisy psyched-out interludes, and the clarinets, oh god the clarinets. But what I miss most is Derek Almstead, his basslines made the band for me....but anyway, thats my two cents.

nice man washing
08-01-2003, 03:49 AM
I hear you Robot Wizard. I've just got Clemency in the mail, and on first listen it's incredibly disappointing. But then Voice Brother and Sister is one of my favourite albums of all time, and they seem to be moving further and further away from the glorious psyched-out sound of their early stuff. But Celebratory Arm Gesture really grew on me, so fingers crossed with this one . . .

nice man washing
08-07-2003, 03:43 AM
Yep - it's definitely growing on me. Warm songs. Mmm.