PDA

View Full Version : rumors

djey308
11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
anyone heard any whispers about plans for the mass of other material that didn't make it onto signal morning? like (dare i say?) another record?

djey308
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
yeah, i know, but man, you squashed that one pretty quick. i was just hopin' an wishin'.

EarthlyCitizen
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
yeah, i know, but man, you squashed that one pretty quick. i was just hopin' an wishin'.

Abandon all hope ye who post here.

radiowires
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM

hopin' is fine. wishin' too. by all means you should continue doing both. I am. gene is only concerned about your respiratory and mental health.

Clouds travel with speeds and paths of their own. :)

radiowires
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Can we please start a rumor that Neutral Milk Hotel will be releasing a split EP with Leonard Cohen.

this has the potential for being a juicy thread. First rumor to show up on Pitchfork wins!

schroeder
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
well theyre obviously coming out with another record but as to when is anyones guess. probably another decade or so.

Abel
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Will or Nesey or someone else who worked on Signal Morning said that the next album will be coming soon, citing the main reason for the delay between the s/t and Signal Morning being Multiple Sclerosis.

For any other questions, read the FAQ.

djey308
11-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Can we please start a rumor that Neutral Milk Hotel will be releasing a split EP with Leonard Cohen.

this has the potential for being a juicy thread. First rumor to show up on Pitchfork wins!

ha yeah... i heard from extremely reliable sources that Scott Spillane and Ornette Coleman worked on a christmas free jazz movement a number of years back...

applesacks
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Will or Nesey or someone else who worked on Signal Morning said that the next album will be coming soon, citing the main reason for the delay between the s/t and Signal Morning being Multiple Sclerosis.

For any other questions, read the FAQ.

yeah when i talked to will at athfest i want to say he said the new album was already 90% done - to be out possibly next year. or maybe someone else told me that. either way someone told me it and it was a fairly reliable source.

Abel
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes, I remember that now too. In fact, maybe in an interview, he said the music was 90% done, but the recording and mixing and everything would take a while longer.

nikthastik
11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
at the pittsburgh holiday surprise show will told me that another album would come out soon after signal morning. also he said that otc have been recording, had a song suite finished and were working on some new material. i believe will. of course we were smoking some good stuff out in the parking lot, but never the less thats what he said.