PDA

View Full Version : title significance

mflat5
04-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Anyone know the signif of the Walking / Beggar title?

I know many E6 bands are cryptic (intentional or otherwise), but what the hell does it supposed to mean?

A band inside joke? A fan knowledge thing?

channelfan
04-15-2004, 03:13 PM
walking with the beggar boys

seems pretty straightforward to me, and not cryptic or highly significant. all i know is the photo was taken at laura's stable, craig is missing because he wasn't there, the kids are neighbors with their dog and are dressed somewhat like beggar boys.

also the title pertains to one of the songs.

mflat5
04-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks. I didn't see the cover art.

brianjeremy
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
I noticed that the cover art is a take on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's Deja Vu.

brianjeremy
04-24-2004, 02:47 PM
I hate to reply to my own post, but I found this on bitchfork. It answers the original question of what the Beggar Boys is about.

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/04-01/14.shtml#story3
"One highlight promises to be the title track (described as a "blown-out Southern boogie romp"), which is based on a true story involving an encounter with a gang of homeless children in Warsaw, and features double-teamed vocals by Elf Power's Andrew Rieger and Athens folk legend Vic Chesnutt."

[Edited on 4-24-2004 by brianjeremy]

SincerelyYourDM
04-27-2004, 07:16 AM
The stranger is based on an actual happening too. Andrew and Laura ran into a 7 foot tall guy wearing a loin cloth and covered in silver paint on the New York subway who had a sign saying Love each other.

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by SincerelyYourDM]