PDA

View Full Version : 40 Watt show this Friday-May 9, 2003

john
05-07-2003, 12:43 PM
Hello,
I just wanted to invite all to the show this Friday night at the 40 Watt Club in Athens. Here's the address:
285 W. Washington St. Athens, GA 30601
It's going to be a cheap ($5 or less) show and a nice weekend in Athens, so come on down! (or up, pertaining to where you are located pertaining to reading this announcement)

William
06-07-2003, 12:08 PM
I wish I lived in Athens...sigh..

opopopo
06-11-2003, 11:06 PM
make that me three on the wanting to be living in athens

Vedocorban
07-07-2003, 08:00 PM
While this may be a bit ex post facto, I thought that Athens show was great... the best show I've seen in my life, actually (out of four, excluding the Ninja Turtles concert from when I was a lad). I didn't know anything about you at the time, but I loved your CD (the violin always jumped/jumps out for me, incidentally). My friend and I talked to Will after the show, except I didn't really talk because I didn't know who he was outside of "Circulatory System's singer." After reading some interviews, though, I'm quite upset I wasted my three or four minutes with him... he's really interesting. Although, I'd probably say even less now (for fear of looking stupid -- I have a tendency to ramble).

Oh, and I paid six dollars for the show.

Vedocorban
07-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Hehehe, that actually made me pretty happy. I was using the urinal next to him (thinking he was just some guy until I saw him perform), and after the show the first thing he said to me was, "Hey, I saw you in the bathroom!"

bedbug
07-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Back in November my band opened for the Circulatory System in Cincinnati. I got to talk to Will for a few minutes, which was awesome because I think everything that Olivia and Circulatory have done is just spectacular.

Anyway, me and my girlfriend went to see them in Lexington in April. It was a pretty small venue, and the bathroom was actually behind where the band played. So after their set I was coming out of the bathroom and Will and Pete were standing there, and Will was like, "Mike ... right?" To this day I'm convinced that my girlfriend went up to him while I was in the bathroom and told him that my name was Mike, I was a huge fan, and that I'd crap my pants if he remembered my name.

Cool guys though.

bedbug
07-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by s
I'm a huge fan of them, so I'd piss my pants if they still remember me, too!

Good thing I had just gone to the bathroom. Har har.

Originally posted by s
I'm very interested in how they make up such a sound. :)

Me too! Mystery is such an element of their music that I think journalists usually ignore the technical side of the band. I understand they do quite a bit of the recording themselves.
Does anyone have the article from issue #17 of Tape Op?