PDA

View Full Version : the show on april 24th

kelly
04-06-2004, 05:55 PM
hello all,

the circulatory system are playing a show at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on April 24th.

now i know that many of you reading this aren't going to be able to go but there's good news! the show is going to be simulcasted on the college's internet radio station:

radio.wfu.edu

i don't know what time it will be broadcast yet but when i find out i'll let you know.

onefold_sleep
04-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm going to be there, along with my friend. Do you have any information about time or cost?

micktick
04-07-2004, 11:26 AM
thanks for the info. i will be there!

kteberry
04-21-2004, 10:36 AM
I sent an email to the Wake radio station, and he replied and said that the Circulatory System will be playing around 9:30.

The show is free.

I will be there.

nervesandgel
04-24-2004, 01:45 PM
will the broadcast be available for download later, i have to work tonight?

vox humana
04-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I also couldn't tune in to the broadcast last night; I got on to wake radio but couldn't get any sound through the pipe [pipette?]. Did anybody get a download/rip of the concert? I was really looking forward to listening to it. Wake radio has another thing coming if they think they can mess with Circulatory System fans! ;)

Pluribus
04-25-2004, 04:10 PM
About the show - I had a blast! I didn't know Wake Forest was going to be such a cool venue... the people in front doing the weird interpretive dances made it for me. Once again, i would like to thank Circulatory System for coming to my state. The drive to Athens was worth it, but the drive to Winston Salem was megaworthit, especially because it was free. Elephant 6, Gastonia loves you.

William
04-25-2004, 04:16 PM
If they come to Maryland/DC I'll have to go, though I rarely go to any shows since its usually pretty intimidating being around 16 in a room full of people around their mid 20s even if it is an all ages show.

thecauseofgauze
04-25-2004, 06:21 PM
i really do hope they come to va/dc...

vox humana
04-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Circulatory System: you fall asleep amidst odd ramblings and bizarre colors. You awake determined to play a show in the New England area.

nice man washing
04-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Oh Jesus.

How many times, s, do other people on the board have to say this?

(a) This stuff about being John's stalker is creepy and sad
(b) It pisses off the lovely people who use the board
(c) It no doubt pisses John off, and probably discourages him from posting here

Please don't bother.

acrobat
04-26-2004, 01:37 PM
does this board even have a moderator? b/c seriously this sh*t would have been canned a LONG time ago on most other bbs.

uncle eggma
04-26-2004, 03:56 PM
myself, my girlfriend and two other friends attended the show at wake forest. drove 3 and 1/2 hours from east tennessee...and believe me, it was well worth the trip. the new songs are amazing and the "encore" performance of the otc song was the icing on the perverbial cake! though i was not into the crowd up front....scenesters...why must they STAND for every show?! it was a huge field and the grass was very soft....

rabbitrabbit002
04-27-2004, 04:46 AM
Hi--
I was also at the show, which was really fantastic...the band played some new stuff that sounded amazing, and of course it's just f-ing grand when they do "Opera House." Other songs included "Lovely Universe," "Diary of Wood," "Yesterday's World," "Days to Come," and more that I'm totally forgetting, but sadly no "Waves of Bark & Light." It was a nice night, too, clear and breezy and pretty. I will have to object a little to the 'scenesters up front' comment above, though, as the only people I noticed up front (all 15 or so of them) were either dancing like goofs (in the best sense, with a few exceptions) or included me, hardly a hip kid at 28 and mother of two toddlers, who was getting cold sitting down and wanted to take some pictures.
So did anyone, anyone record this show??

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by rabbitrabbit002]

nice man washing
04-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Yeah - what on earth is wrong with standing at the front at a gig??

And I would love to get hold of any Circulatory System bootlegs too.

elizabeth
04-29-2004, 07:19 PM
no, I couldn't tune into wake radio ,either but I spent a lot of time trying. I'm sad that i missed it.

dolemites_sister
04-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Man I love standing up front at shows!!!

I like to dance, and show the band I'm having a good time...

I also like to sing along with the songs... I guess I'm pretty geeky, huh?

uncle eggma
05-01-2004, 03:43 PM
i was only kidding...i don't seriously refer to people as "scensters". i would have stood up myself if it wasn't for feeling rather lazy from the long trip....or maybe i wouldn't have...but either way...stand up, dance the night away!

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by uncle eggma]

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by uncle eggma]

thecauseofgauze
05-05-2004, 04:46 PM
will there be a full summer tour?

kelly
05-07-2004, 04:35 PM
i think it's going to be in the fall...

Willomopar
05-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by uncle eggma
the "encore" performance of the otc song was the icing on the perverbial cake! though i was not into the crowd up front....scenesters...why must they STAND for every show?! it was a huge field and the grass was very soft....

Some people like to dance, and I doubt that any of us were yelling at others for their sitting/standing presence at the show (not that you necessarily were, but several folks did). If liking to boogie makes me a scenester, then buy me a scarf, but I imagine that a lack of musical familiarity coupled with an absence of energy at the show are traits more indicative of that status.

Willomopar
05-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Sorry if that came off as aggressive, Uncle Eggma. I hadn't read your follow up, and I think I was just being defensive because people in my town are always shooting me dirty looks or snide remarks for dancing at concerts.

kteberry
05-12-2004, 05:49 PM
I doubt that any of us were yelling at others for their sitting/standing presence at the show (not that you necessarily were, but several folks did).

The people I was with and myself decided to let those standing in front of the stage know how silly we thought it was for them to be standing/dancing. Then again, we tend to be jackasses at shows. But then we decided not to look at them... cause one of the dancing kids looked like he was having problems controling his muscles. It was such a beautiful nite, though, to lay there and look up at the stars and feel the music vibrate through the grass. I couldnt figure out why anyone would want to do otherwise. That show was such a nice change from smoke filled venues.

We went up to the front for the encore, cause we felt unsupportive of the band having been far off durring the show.

The moral of this story is... just chill out and stare at the stars.

rabbitrabbit002
05-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah, that was kind of a silly and jackass-y thing to do. Sorry, but maybe not everyone is comfortable sitting down, and just because it's not what you choose to do doesn't mean you should worry about other people doing it. It was a lovely night to relax and watch the stars, sure, but then it was just as nice to stand and stretch and be up front too. No big deal, really. Not everyone standing by the stage was having a spasm, thank you. And on a personal note, I'm pregnant and it's rather difficult to sit up like that.
I enjoyed the show standing and I hope you were into it sitting.
Sarah.

[Edited on 5-13-2004 by rabbitrabbit002]

rabbitrabbit002
05-12-2004, 07:51 PM
PS- I don't mean to be rude or confrontational by saying that you were being silly...not a confrontational sort...Just let people do what they're doing, as long as they don't dance all over your feet. By gosh.

kteberry
05-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I know we were being silly, we tend to be. By the time the mind altering substances kicked in... we were all pretty chill.

And it was discovered that the best way to enjoy the show was laying on our backs and looking up.

Willomopar
05-13-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm not trying to criticize you guys for enjoying the grass, and if asked politely, I'd have been happy to move so you could still see. Some people like to chill and lounge on mind altering substances, others like to spaz out like they can't control their muscles. In any case, I'll try to be more respectful of your preference and implore you to do the same.

carlos
05-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Considering all the problems concerning dancing at shows has caused, I think it might be safer for me to never dance again........anywhere. Ha.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by carlos]

Willomopar
05-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by carlos
Considering all the problems concerning dancing at shows has caused, I think it might be safer for me to never dance again........anywhere. Ha.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by carlos]

What kind of problems? Like scaring people who think you might be having a seizure? (that's the only one I can think of, since I apparently did {please let me assure you, I wasn't, in fact, seizing at the time, but I didn't meant to freak anyone out [other than myself]}). I mean, I guess at rowdier shows moshing and such could be dance realated problems, but I can't really see that happening at a Circulatory System show.

the
05-18-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by elizabeth
no, I couldn't tune into wake radio ,either but I spent a lot of time trying. I'm sad that i missed it.

I also had problems tuning in, *really* annoying. Did anyone record it? Or does anyone have any other CS bootlegs? (there is one listed on elephant6.com, but it's said "Coming soon" for a while now...)

Sleepmaps
05-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I also had problems tuning in, *really* annoying. Did anyone record it? Or does anyone have any other CS bootlegs? (there is one listed on elephant6.com, but it's said "Coming soon" for a while now...)

I have two Circulatory System shows on my computer, you can download them from me if you have soulseek, my screen name's coffeeshopzoo

nervesandgel
05-20-2004, 06:47 PM
cool thanks