PDA

View Full Version : I need the always red society songs!!!!!!

ollierulez
08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Ok so i'm officially begging everyone here that has the HHBTM singles club that includes the always red society single to please put it up on here!!!!. I Dont have a job or any source of income at all so if anyone could please Either PM me or e-mail me these tracks what i can do is a trade for my own solo music.

Here is a link to my myspace page so you can hear some songs
www.myspace.com/thewarmth06
if you like what you hear, i have 6 other albums and i will gladly send the songs your way as a thank you. So please please, i beg of you. Help me out!!!!

chris

ollierulez
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squirrellevel
08-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Are you trying to hasten HHBTM's demise? Man up.

ollierulez
08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
no demise, just completely broke E6 fan who has been wanting to hear this stuff for years and sadly seems like he may never. no harm done at all

Therum
08-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Be patient. It'll be up eventually, give it time.

I've heard some rumors about this release that may make people happy, too, but again - give it time, give it time.

ollierulez
08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
cool thanks therum for the heads up!!!

King Slime
12-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know if the vinyl comes with a download code? I was trying to pirate this 7" but I cannot find it online at all. Even on Soulseek........

Abel
12-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Doesn't come with a download code. I don't think any hhbtm releases do.

Abel
12-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't have any way to record and upload it though.

EarthlyCitizen
12-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I think it's still for sale http://hhbtm.com/item.php?item_id=180&category_id=1
You should buy one while you still can.

Abel
12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Indeed, it appears to be for sale still. When I heard they had a couple left I ordered immediately thinking they'd all sell out fast, but apparently I'm the only one who cared.

EarthlyCitizen
12-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah I also ordered immediately also. I thought they would sell like hotcakes. Actually a little disappointed they still have it. :/

King Slime
12-23-2009, 08:30 PM
I dont have a vinyl player. I'm not going to spend 100+ dollars just to hear one 7". I need to pirate it. Is anyone willing to share it? (sorry HHBtM....)

cid
12-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Yeah I also ordered immediately also. I thought they would sell like hotcakes. Actually a little disappointed they still have it. :/

same here actually I found the 7' a little disappointing but I did get a the shield around the cake shirt(my new favorite shirt)

California Demise
12-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Foam House, OR FOAM HORSE?

http://opticalatlas.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/giantdayposter2.jpg

THAT is the real question.

Dihnekis
12-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Mike, you should rip this and sell it as a digital download. Hell I will rip it for you in 24/96 FLAC on my more than decent vinyl ripping setup if you don't have the capabilities (I bet you can do it yourself though).

rogersbowne
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Mike, you should rip this and sell it as a digital download. Hell I will rip it for you in 24/96 FLAC on my more than decent vinyl ripping setup if you don't have the capabilities (I bet you can do it yourself though).

I'd imagine the songs are delivered to him in a digital format he needn't rip the vinyl but I'm sure these were licensed from bands only for this plus HHBTM doesn't have a digital store or does it through iTunes?

Dihnekis
12-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I dunno, but the 7" in question is from old tapes I'm almost positive.

cipsulsti
12-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Wonderful! thanks for the info that you guys have been discussing. Awesome!!!!
:)

huumingh
12-31-2009, 02:55 AM
I'd imagine the songs are delivered to him in a digital format he needn't rip the vinyl but I'm sure these were licensed from bands only for this plus HHBTM doesn't have a digital store or does it through iTunes?

Nice thread - some good stuff to consider.

King Slime
12-31-2009, 10:35 AM
So no one wants to leak it?

ollierulez
12-31-2009, 12:34 PM
I speak for all the e6 fans that are broke and have no way to order anything online, so i say Leak it PLEASE!!!!!

E6stateofmind
01-04-2010, 09:28 AM
no leakage.....its like 6 bucks dude cmon............and it was at my house in 2 days.

applesacks
01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
i was able to find a blog that had a rar file of the whole singles club. but i also ordered it for like 7 bucks too. it was really kind of a dissappointment to be honest.

E6stateofmind
01-04-2010, 01:12 PM
as far as what?......sound quality for always red was a little weak but I enjoyed it for the most part and the sunshine fix songs sounded pretty good and were definately better but I just dont know what everyone expected...it was pre olivia stuff right?...and early olivia stuff is pretty raw sounding. I enjoyed it for the most part and for the price it was worth it. it took no effort on my part other than to click a button.

applesacks
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
oh i mean it was def worth 7 dollars.

EarthlyCitizen
01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I really dig the 7". It's not a life changer or anything. My favorite track is probably minute by minute.

King Slime
01-05-2010, 07:18 PM
That's really cool and all....but I dont have a vinyl player. See where the problem lies? I can't spend 100 bucks to buy one....only for this ONE 7"...

Abel
01-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Then buy more vinyl.

E6stateofmind
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I dont have a record player either but I still own major organ on vinyl(autographed by jeff as well as a number of others) and the singles just to have....to support the music I love....people I know have record players so I get to listen to them every once in a while...do you know anyone who has a record player?....ye minute by minute is awesome but i enjoyed the record as a whole....it sort of plays like one song in my head bc of how short each side is.

Dihnekis
01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I only listen to a record once every few days or so on average. Mostly I just buy them to collect, or rip and then I listen to the digital version so I don't wear out the record.

I bought the gerbils - glue 7" cause it was 50 cents, and had to get a turntable because of it. a couple thousand dollars in records and equipment and two years later, here i am. not really listening to vinyl, but still collecting it.

E6stateofmind
01-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I only listen to a record once every few days or so on average. Mostly I just buy them to collect, or rip and then I listen to the digital version so I don't wear out the record.

I bought the gerbils - glue 7" cause it was 50 cents, and had to get a turntable because of it. a couple thousand dollars in records and equipment and two years later, here i am. not really listening to vinyl, but still collecting it.

frickin awesome....ye they do hold a certain level of nostalgia just to have around....and people who did buy them up are loving the demand for them now not to mention....in 10 yrs well be able to sell this $7,7 " for 3 times as much....even though id never sell it.

Dihnekis
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
When the world finally realizes how awesome OTC and the rest of E6 is, I bet Black Foliage will fetch as much as a good UK Mono first press of rubber soul or sgt peppers ($600 to $thousands for a copy).

Probably not, but that would be sweet. Still wouldn't sell em.

EarthlyCitizen
01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
it sort of plays like one song in my head bc of how short each side is.

Definitely I know what you mean. I actually made a cassette tape of the 7" and popped it open to cut out all the extra tape so it would just play over and over again in my car. I never got sick of it so that says good things about the whole record.

Oh and to King Slime, you should just check out thrift stores or flea markets for a turntable. You could probably find a working one for around $10. It may not be the nicest but it'll do fine and you won't have to worry about missing future vinyl opportunities. I think people would be more likely to post a download link if it wasn't still available for sale at such a reasonable price.

E6stateofmind
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
I think the world is slowly realizing how awesome the e6 is....I became a fan probably 5 yrs ago when my friends roommate at college was playing on avery island on vinyl....I went nuts and had to have it....even since then I watched them grow so much...of montreal is huge now....which people are always intrigued by how bands started and their early stuff so they research and stumble onto this....I know alot of people who know about certain bands but have no idea they are actually involved in this whole collection of friends and bands and art...we just have to keep passing on the word of e6 and eventually....(when everyone is dead most likely:( )Theyll be as famous as they truly deserve to be. Until then keep BUYING as much of their stuff as you can to keep them alive and making music!!

King Slime
01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I have plenty of vinyl, but the vinyl I own I either come with a download code or I can easily pirate a good quality rip which negates my need for a vinyl player. This 7" however DOESN'T come with a download code, isn't offered on CD or digital format and I can't find it on any music blog to pirate it. I'd buy it other wise, until then, I'm holding out for a leak.

I love everything E6, but this is ridiculous....

rogersbowne
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Actually for the first 150 it came with a CD-R of all the tracks, which I have sucka. I have an extra copy/set too. hmm i like the value this has created.

King Slime
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Man....least you could do it upload it just for those of us with not cash.

Abel
01-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I would be happy either way if roger uploaded it for you or just continued calling you a sucka.

Dihnekis
01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Dude you are asking us to pirate this on the official board of a tiny record label. Go buy it, sorry.

King Slime
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Oh please, as if this entire forum hasn't passed around mediafire links of Apples in Stereo, Marbles, NMH, OTC, and everything else. Get off your high horse Dihnekis.

Abel
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't recall pirating of things that are still so available and inexpensive. For example, you can't just order the Marbles cassette from the official Marbles website for $7. And we also know that Robert supports that early stuff being shared online. HHBTM records, on the other hand, still exists and is still trying to make money off of these things.

Dihnekis
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh please, as if this entire forum hasn't passed around mediafire links of Apples in Stereo, Marbles, NMH, OTC, and everything else. Get off your high horse Dihnekis.

I pirate tons of stuff, but like Abel pointed out, none of it is easily available for fucking $7 on this labels website.

Rare otc tapes that I'm never going to have a chance to buy from them is one thing, this is completely different. Your inability to understand the distinction is disgusting.

E6stateofmind
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Actually for the first 150 it came with a CD-R of all the tracks, which I have sucka. I have an extra copy/set too. hmm i like the value this has created.
hahahaha.....I didnt even get one of those but im so happy that it exists....SUCKA!!!...hahaha.

King Slime
01-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I pirate tons of stuff, but like Abel pointed out, none of it is easily available for fucking $7 on this labels website.

Rare otc tapes that I'm never going to have a chance to buy from them is one thing, this is completely different. Your inability to understand the distinction is disgusting.

7 dollars for A RECORD I CANNOT PLAY! Your lack of reading comprehension is disgusting!!

Well, thanks to a certain someone on this forum I now have acquired mp3's of this 7". The thought of you raging over this only makes my penis hard. Keep raging, I'm only going to get more and more erect.

Dihnekis
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I took you off my ignore list to see if your post was worth reading. It wasn't, you go back on. I'm not sure what you mean by raging, and I don't really care to read about the state of your penis.

King Slime
01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Hahaha, too easy! You're probably my favorite new toy... :3

seamantis
01-07-2010, 02:16 PM
This is silly folks. OTC would not want this! (I think)

Abel
01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't want ARS songs posted, or wouldn't want us bickering?

seamantis
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Bickering. But probably both to be fair.

We all love E6 here. I find it kind of nice that people arguments are formed out of love/wanting to here more of these bands. :)

Abel
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
OTC isn't really the same band as ARS, but if I could guess what Will would want: buy the LP from HHBTM. If that wasn't available, I don't think he would be displeased with bootlegs floating around. As far as I know, things like this haven't been purposefully sheltered and hidden away by the people who made them.

seamantis
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
You are probably right but I mean it probably doesnt matter too much. I dont think records like this are ever going to make much money :(

I havent got a turntable but I think I may buy this out of WCH love. And then buy a turntable.

E6stateofmind
01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I think if people werent so determined to bootleg it as soon as its available it might make some money....I mean roger said the first 150 got a cdr of the songs...I didnt get it so they had to have sold atleast 151...at $5 each that's an ok chunk of change and id figure they sold atleast 500 copies(Or I hope) but then theres people who are looking for it as a bootleg the second its available.....taking away money from artists who really need the money to be able to put out more of either their early stuff or new stuff. I hope none of the fans are naive enough to think that these guys are rich and can afford to have a few of their fans bootleg shit...bc its just simply not true...as told to be by a number of the band members themselves so ill do whatever I can whenever I can to help them...If we want the e6 to stay alive for another 10 yrs +....them we have to keep it alive!!:)

King Slime
01-07-2010, 08:53 PM
If I had a way to digitalize the vinyl, I would of bought it. But I can't afford the equipment to do so let alone PLAY the fucking 7" sooooooo I pirated it.

If it makes you moral ninnies feel better I purchased the reissues of ITAOTS and On Avery Island vinyls. That's around 30 bucks, and came with a high quality download.

E6stateofmind
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
it doesnt really make it that much better considering no other e6 album has sold more copies than itaots and avery.....and merge records is clearly not a struggling label....but ye i mean you got what you wanted so awesome....hopefully HHBTM will be able to come out with something else that people so desperately want with the help of dedicated fans.
-Sincerely, 'I dont have a record player or a way to digitalize vinyls and my copy did not come with a cdr of the mp3s but I still bought it anyway bc I care in ohio.'