PDA

View Full Version : aquarium drunkard interview

mgocze
06-25-2009, 01:00 PM
i can't read the whole thing because i'm at work, but from what i've skimmed, it's excellent.

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2009/06/24/circulatory-system-will-hart-the-ad-interview/

Abel
06-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Good interview. Will was in good form. So has Cranberry Lifecycle stuff been released or is it available in any form?

ollierulez
06-25-2009, 04:04 PM
excellent interview, and here's hoping that one day we will FINALLY hear the crawberry lifecycle tapes!!!! please will PLEASE!!!!!

Abel
06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
I want to know how "Lucas Jensen" heard them and how I can be like him.

Dihnekis
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
thanks "Sorry, I go in different places, especially on the phone. I always tell my friends that I have trouble on the phone because I can’t see your eyes or feel a human connection!" - i agree completely, i fucking hate phones! it feels completely wrong and I just can't really do it.

Abel
06-26-2009, 12:10 AM
I also have such a hard time on a phone sometimes, especially when I don't know the people I'm talking to. I wasn't sure that my aversion was acceptable until the chair of the graduate English department for whom I worked voiced the same opinion about phones to me.

damonin
06-26-2009, 04:12 PM
i cant believe will didn't mix this album... its my favorite one for mixing so far. jeeze.

nesey
06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
will mixed most of it. its not really that aspect that he needed help with.

derek
06-27-2009, 09:42 AM
some of the mixes are mine, and most are 2 track mixes of will's that either i, charlie, or nesey blended subtle overdubs into (doubled vocals, harmonies, extra guitar, even doubled drums, etc.). one of the things that made the record take forever to finish was us (first me, then charlie, then nesey) trying to find a way to blend the new "band" recordings with will's deep library of basically finished home recordings. examples of these recordings (which are my mixes from 2004) are: overjoyed, round again, tiny concerts, solid forms dissolve, and rocks and stones (nesey's mix). we had many more of that ilk on the plate and decided to go with a more inclusive collection and save the others for future releases.

to clarify: when will says we worked in other studios, he means mine and gary olsons.

rogersbowne
06-27-2009, 10:29 AM
our next question is what kind of food is eaten in the studio? or is food banned from the studio?

damonin
06-27-2009, 06:24 PM
hey guys! that's awesome that your posting responses here. I was wondering if you guys could tell us what kind of insane fuzz was being used on the spinning continuous?

P.S.
the pelican trust sounds like sound waves transferring as electrical pulses through wires i love it.

damonin
06-27-2009, 06:46 PM
oh yes and i almost forgot, you guys should totally release the album on the audio DVD format to take advantage of the high fidelity of that format.

Dihnekis
06-29-2009, 03:35 AM
some of the mixes are mine, and most are 2 track mixes of will's that either i, charlie, or nesey blended subtle overdubs into (doubled vocals, harmonies, extra guitar, even doubled drums, etc.). one of the things that made the record take forever to finish was us (first me, then charlie, then nesey) trying to find a way to blend the new "band" recordings with will's deep library of basically finished home recordings. examples of these recordings (which are my mixes from 2004) are: overjoyed, round again, tiny concerts, solid forms dissolve, and rocks and stones (nesey's mix). we had many more of that ilk on the plate and decided to go with a more inclusive collection and save the others for future releases.

to clarify: when will says we worked in other studios, he means mine and gary olsons.

i love hearing about how the music i love gets made, so thanks for posting this.

derek
06-29-2009, 08:50 AM
-damonin

if i remember correctly, round again was done with a fender tele into a roland mini-amp with blown speakers mic'ed with a 57, but at that time we also did some direct in guitar and then distorted in post... a bit difficult to say for sure, that one was mostly done in 2003.

i'd love to see more interest in high fidelity media formats, but i think the mp3 < cd < lp ladder will be all we do initially. maybe someday.

a little correction, when i mentioned solid forms dissolve i meant particle parades. the title has changed 3 times!

mgocze
06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
a little correction, when i mentioned solid forms dissolve i meant particle parades. the title has changed 3 times!

out of curiosity, what was the third title?

nesey
06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
lately/realize, when solid forms dissolve, solid forms dissolving, particle parades.

Abel
06-29-2009, 04:49 PM
it's strange to preface questions without "out of curiosity." aren't all questions formed out of curiosity?Some are formed out of necessity, etc.