PDA

View Full Version : Pithfork Forkcast - Overjoyed

unk0wn
06-02-2009, 03:43 PM
http://pitchfork.com/forkcast/12947-overjoyed/

sounds better produced then the leak?

mirk
06-02-2009, 04:52 PM
sounds different in many ways from the leak (which makes me even more excited for the actual release!)

Abel
06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Awesome.

Birds...The silent killer
06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
This is the first I've heard. Man, is it a good omen. What a great song.

unk0wn
06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
i dont notice any changes. great song though

Dihnekis
06-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah they sound the same to me. It is a great song though. So much stuff going on underneath the main stuff, as usual.

sic transit gloria
06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Hmm. I don't have the other leak, so this was the first I've heard (apart from Blasting Through, which is another story) and this has a MUCH different feel than past stuff. The beat is unusual for a WCH song, and the song is just heavier in general than what has come before. The vocals are the same, though. I like it.

Is it just me or does Pitchfork seem to be implying that they have an interview with WCH, but when you click on the link all you get is this:

http://pitchfork.com/news/35444-will-cullen-hart-talks-olivia-tremor-control-circulatory-system-renaissance/

So..where is the interview?

mgocze
06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Hmm. I don't have the other leak, so this was the first I've heard (apart from Blasting Through, which is another story) and this has a MUCH different feel than past stuff. The beat is unusual for a WCH song, and the song is just heavier in general than what has come before. The vocals are the same, though. I like it.

Is it just me or does Pitchfork seem to be implying that they have an interview with WCH, but when you click on the link all you get is this:

http://pitchfork.com/news/35444-will-cullen-hart-talks-olivia-tremor-control-circulatory-system-renaissance/

So..where is the interview?

click on the "more" link next to the "email link" button.

sic transit gloria
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Jeez. Thanks.

wilson
06-03-2009, 09:20 AM
sounds better produced then the leak?

You shouldn't ever judge audio quality from a leak that 1) you don't know what version of the record it came from, 2) you don't know the quality of the rip, and 3) you don't know the quality of the encoding. You can't complain about the sound when you haven't heard the actual record--surely by now we realize that mp3s are NOT the way the artist intended the record to sound.

99% of leaks I hear sound like shit because the person creating the leak did not follow any sort of digital asset standards for preserving quality from the master.

unk0wn
06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
i know what your saying wilson. i was just pointing out despite the leak prolly sounding like shit compared to when i get the cd, the song had no noticeable changes.

Abel
06-03-2009, 12:46 PM
The SM leak sounded better than any other leak I've heard.

breathmint
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM
oh man i cant wait to get the damned CD. i cant believe this is pushed back again :]

was anyone else somewhat (not very much -- but somewhat) surprised at how much of the old record comes back washing through the new songs? no complaints here, its actually cool like picking up right where it left off and then journeying through new territory with familiar themes.

goodtimes.