PDA

View Full Version : Signal Morning

kelly
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
arriving August 4, 2009....

http://www.elephant6.com/img/CS-SM300.jpg

quixoticgoat
04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
how does this not have 1,000,000 posts below it already?

hell yes!

GoldenGiven
04-06-2009, 04:46 PM
cuz Pitchfork already let the cat outta the bag. well? you asked.

GlowRightIntoYou
04-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Awesome! Great cover, too!

Akryllic Love
04-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Wasn't there already a thread about this? Like, exactly the same?

Akryllic Love
04-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh wait, that was in the Cloud Recordings forum.

Birds...The silent killer
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Love the cover.

Dooders
04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
phucking awesome!

damonin
04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
amazing cover!

theoperahouse
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
ultimate satisfaction to hear this at last.

el topo
05-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Full Signal Morning press release here:

http://opticalatlas.com/?p=1923

Abel
05-06-2009, 05:51 AM
WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA. Haven't even read it yet, I'm about to.

Abel
05-06-2009, 05:54 AM
WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA. I've read it.

mirk
05-06-2009, 06:03 AM
can't wait.

17 tracks = shortest will hart record ever.

jumpingfences
05-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Oh my god this sounds amazing.

preorder?

animalsanimals
05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
did everyone see this? nice work kelly.

http://www.cloudrecordings.com/img/circulatory2009_sm.jpg

Abel
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
403 Forbidden.

Dihnekis
05-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Will and Bill harmonies again!?!?! That's the best thing ever.

EllertTremorControl
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Will and Bill harmonies again!?!?! That's the best thing ever.

YEP!!!

Has anyone used their computer hacking skillz to turn the myspace songs into mp3s?
If so, please upload them! Thanks!

David_R._Gross
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm trying hard not to think of this record, Aug. 4th is too far away right now.

hhbtmike
05-07-2009, 02:03 AM
i've had the pleasure of listening to this record many times now, and i can tell you it's so worth the wait. promo copies went out to press this week i think or will shortly, so i'm sure if it's anything like when we mail out hhbtm stuff to press it only takes 2-3 weeks for it to pop up all over the place. which is why i mail stuff out about 2 weeks before it's released. mike

applesacks
05-07-2009, 04:36 AM
YEP!!!

Has anyone used their computer hacking skillz to turn the myspace songs into mp3s?
If so, please upload them! Thanks!

i did that a long time ago and posted the link on here i think - i'll have to find it
all you have to use is something like audacity and record what is playing on your computer speakers

Abel
05-07-2009, 05:20 AM
I think for once I will refrain from downloading any possible leaks. I have a feeling I'm going to want to hear this in the highest fidelity possible.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/junofilm2.jpg

wilson
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
i've had the pleasure of listening to this record many times now, and i can tell you it's so worth the wait. promo copies went out to press this week i think or will shortly, so i'm sure if it's anything like when we mail out hhbtm stuff to press it only takes 2-3 weeks for it to pop up all over the place. which is why i mail stuff out about 2 weeks before it's released. mike

I'll second this. Around here I've been telling people it could be my favorite album of the decade, so a 7 year wait would be about right on so far as relative quality standards...

That opening vocal, and the "Woodpecker" track as a whole blows me away every time.

grantly
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I'll second this. Around here I've been telling people it could be my favorite album of the decade, so a 7 year wait would be about right on so far as relative quality standards...

That opening vocal, and the "Woodpecker" track as a whole blows me away every time.

Third.

unk0wn
05-07-2009, 12:04 PM
does it sound as dark as the last circ album?

radiowires
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
to me, it sounds celebratory

if one can summarize an entire album this complex with a single word

<3

Dihnekis
05-07-2009, 12:53 PM
does it sound as dark as the last circ album?

Didn't sound dark at all to me, well optimistically dark maybe.

Abel
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
You guys are making me jealous, wtf.

unk0wn
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
how have you guys heard it already?

abgcunited11
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
me thinks they are lying. apart from wilson and hhbtmike.

i sure hope this doesn't leak. i know it will, and i know that when it does, i will have to download it, no matter how hard i try.

wilson
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Now, hold on a second. There are more than a handful of people that look at and post on these message boards who know the bands, are in the bands, etc, and everyone is rightfully excited about this album and can't wait for it go to out into the world!

I wouldn't speculate offhand about whether or not someone is lying, as I don't think anyone is. Of course, it is entirely possible you were joking, and that I need to recalibrate my internet-joke-taking-o-meter. :)

mgocze
05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
we can hardly stand the wait
please august, don't be late.

abgcunited11
05-07-2009, 05:36 PM
sorry, it's just making me jealous! :)

Abel
05-08-2009, 06:27 AM
Oh yeah, I meant to say something a while ago, but I noticed there's no "Same Place" or "Path of the Parallels" on the tracklist.

radiowires
05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Didn't sound dark at all to me, well optimistically dark maybe.

are you talking about the first CS album, or Signal Morning?

unk0wn
05-08-2009, 11:42 AM
i hope its as dark. maybe dark is not the right word. the first album always made me feel like I was tripping and going through my mind to happy thoughts and dark thoughts.

Dihnekis
05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
are you talking about the first CS album, or Signal Morning?

I'm talking about the first album. I haven't heard Signal Morning and I'm jealous of all you lucky bastards who have.

ggrisamore
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I haven't heard Signal Morning and I'm jealous of all you lucky bastards who have.

you should be. so good.

alltomorrowsparties
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
so impatient, so excited

Dihnekis
05-10-2009, 12:25 PM
It's going to be so hard for me to not listen to a leak. Regardless I'm buying it on vinyl the day it comes out, and the self titled too... but damn the wait is gonna kill me.

BlahBlah
05-19-2009, 12:31 AM
leaked

Rarn
05-19-2009, 02:29 AM
I wish I had more self control

Abel
05-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Oh gosh.

Katara
05-19-2009, 07:02 AM
From now to August? Fuuuckk I don't think I can make it that long...

vrbm
05-19-2009, 07:51 AM
1st post ever on this board after reading it for a long time from Sydney, Australia.

i caved, as i do frequently and downloaded this album. i am going to buy it the first chance i get when it comes out, but i also admit to lacking patience and August is very far away.

the record sounds fantastic. it seems (at least in my opinion) to pick up from where the S/T album left off and it sounds exactly like what a Circulatory System album should sound like.

i wont go into anymore details relating to specifics of the album but to say that i have been playing it non stop since i got it.

My biggest regret is that i will almost certainly never get to see Circulatory System live as i doubt they will ever come to Australia.

syntheticflyingmachine
05-19-2009, 08:12 AM
i caved too
it is so amazing.. really beautiful
i'll be proud to purchase this on wax when it gets released

vrbm
05-19-2009, 08:25 AM
i caved too
it is so amazing.. really beautiful
i'll be proud to purchase this on wax when it gets released

i think i will get this on wax as well.

it has been a great year for me re: Elephant 6 music. Finally got to see of Montreal twice when they toured Australia, OTC is getting rereleased on vinyl (at least according to pitchfork) and now new Circulatory System

Dihnekis
05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm in the caved, but 100% buying this on wax the second I can.

The rip doesn't sound bad, but I can't wait to hear the vinyl... also, the self titled on vinyl is going to be amazing too. I've got all OTC's albums on wax and I just love the sound.

abgcunited11
05-19-2009, 02:15 PM
to download the leak or not to download the leak?

ufoinkushiro
05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I've got all OTC's albums on wax and I just love the sound.

very jealous dihnekis, i must say. i can't wait to get black foliage and CS on record!

lee
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I wish I had more self control

as do i. gotta get the vinyl somehow. i have been listening to it for a little less than a week now. didn't nesey have something to do with this production-wise?

it's kaleidoscopic and psychoactive.

damonin
07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
release it on 45 rpm!!!! PWEEESE!!!

lee
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
any listeners got a couple favorite tunes off this one so far?

Akryllic Love
07-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Signal Morning 2 is incredibly beautiful
Overjoyed is good too
This Morning (We Remembered Everything) is good also

lee
07-24-2009, 04:30 PM
"signal morning 2" title was changed to just "signal morning" i think. the other "signal morning" was changed to "blasting through". "the pelican trust" was changed to "electronic diversion". although, i may have this backwards. that wouldn't be surprising.

those are some good ones, akryllic. real talk.

"the spinning continuous" -- lately i'll start the album on this track and listen to the rest as it because its just great, going on to the imminent "i you we" which i also really like along with "blasting through". then "solid forms dissolving" at first sort of reminds me of a magical willy-wonka-esque theme until about a minute and 38 seconds into the song when the brass instruments just explode into this fiery thing. it's just marvelous.

that section of the album might be my favorite.

schroeder
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
im 99% sure this is the official tracklisting because nobody here seems to be getting it right. im just following what kelly has said. she just never released a full list like this after all of the corrections were made:

1. Woodpecker Greeting Worker Ant
2. Rocks and Stones
3. This Morning (We Remembered Everything)
4. Tiny Concerts
5. The Pelican Trust
6. Overjoyed
7. The Breathing Universe
8. News From The Heavenly Loom
9. Round Again
10. I You We
11. Blasting Through
12. Particle Parades
13. Gold Will Stay
14. The Frozen Lake / The Symmetry
15. Until Moon Medium Hears The Message
16. (Drifts)
17. Signal Morning

i love how he continues the lyrical themes of the s-t while evolving the music into a fantastic new entity. like in the titles:

self titled-Joy, The Lovely Universe, Round, Inside Blasts, Your Parades

Signal Morning-Overjoyed, The Breathing Universe, Round Again, Blasting Through, Particle Parades

el topo
07-27-2009, 05:25 AM
Just yesterday posted "Overjoyed" in the Optical Atlas streaming jukebox, as well as an older Will track from Always Red Society, and an old Bill Doss Sunshine Fix track (both of those just released on a 7" from the HHBTM Singles Club).

http://opticalatlas.com/?page_id=3

ollierulez
07-27-2009, 08:22 AM
hey el topo, Both will and bill's old tracks from the HHBTM singles club are great. Are there more from this series or are these the only ones?

Dihnekis
07-27-2009, 09:28 AM
wow thanks!

actually it doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason, says i need a plugin... can anyone post these in mp3?

Louis
07-27-2009, 09:57 AM
This seriously better get a 10.0 on Pitchfork.

I have really never heard a better album in the last 8 years. Every song is special. This is so fucking fantastic.

el topo
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
The Always Red Society/Sunshine Fix split 7" had more tracks on them, some very brief - I didn't want to post the whole thing out of respect to Mike Turner and the bands. (Though I'm sure someone will upload the MP3s and they'll be made widely available. There might still be subscriptions left, too.)

Always Red Society:
The Diary of a Foamhouse
Nervous Circle
Minute By Minute
Tom and Donna at the Mexican Cafe (Dedicated to Tom Goertz)

Sunshine Fix:
Beginning
Sun at Night
Springtime Pumpernickel
Back Porch
Ending

P.S. the Optical Atlas jukebox takes a Windows Media Player plugin. I'm not sure if it can work on Macs, I haven't tried. Updating the jukebox to a more standard streaming music player is on my to-do list (probably when I upgrade my blog in the next month or two).

ollierulez
07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
thanks el topo, i think there are no subscriptions left sadly. Hopefully someone will upload the rest of the always red society and sunshine fix tracks as i and i'm sure so many e6 fans have been dying to hear these old recordings. Hopefully soon!

Dihnekis
07-27-2009, 02:54 PM
maybe making them available in flac format for a price? I'd love to pay a dollar for each track and get em in flac.

geneautry
08-24-2009, 02:54 PM
i have been listening to this album for the past few weeks and it gets better and better with each listen. please go out and buy it when it comes out, you guys! both very hard work and very nice people helped make this album and they should be rewarded with every cent it deserves!

damonin
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
i have been listening to this album for the past few weeks and it gets better and better with each listen. please go out and buy it when it comes out, you guys! both very hard work and very nice people helped make this album and they should be rewarded with every cent it deserves!

i agree with this statement!

Abel
08-24-2009, 11:03 PM
I want everybody who paid for "In Rainbows" to buy this album to make up for the terrible mistake they made. Whatever dough Radiobread made off of direct contributions from fan to artist for their art, Will and Circulatory System deserve the same and more if only because these guys aren't rich businessmen like Thom Yorke to begin with. I don't know why I'm drawing this comparison, it's probably because I'm slightly high and very tired, but fucking buy this album.

sic transit gloria
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I think you're probably preaching to the choir, Abel. I'd guess nearly everyone on the CS TownHall bb has probably pre-ordered the deluxe vinyl.

As for money, it simply isn't a motivator for these folks. I've followed the E6 since 1996, starting with OTC, NMH and AIS. Let's put it this way: Black Foliage sold over 30,000 copies. If Will et. al. wanted to make money, they would have put out a new Olivia Tremor Control album which would still, to this day, outsell any Circulatory System album. They haven't, though. And when if/when they ever do put out a new OTC album, it won't be for the money.

Let's not forget, the one MAJOR success that has occurred in the E6 collective resulted in a situation so difficult for the primary songwriter that he basically couldn't handle all of the attention, ripped the phone out of the wall, and hasn't resurfaced except at a couple of live shows and minor contributions to recorded music. So, success has its price.

DavidLeeRoth
08-29-2009, 05:19 AM
I don't think the E6 equates success (moving records I should say) as a bad thing. Jeff I'm sure has a million reasons for doing what he did. The Apples in Stereo and of Montreal have enjoyed quite a bit of attention and success and you don't see Robert Kevin going into hiding. The best thing that could happen for Signal Morning is it gets some press in Rolling Stone and Pitchfork and outsells all of their previous efforts.

I'm sure we'll one day get another OTC record, but I agree it'll be when they feel it's right and not when they want to cash in on the name alone. Besides Will & BIll have quite a hard act to follow.

DLR