April 21 - Boston, MA @ Middle East
April 22 - Hoboken, NJ @ Maxwell's
April 23 - New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge
April 24 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Khyber
April 29 - Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
May 1- Tampa, FL @ Wavefest

dpb
03-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I've seen Elf Power twice in my life, both times back in 2000 in Cambridge, MA, both shows fucking rocked! seriously, two of the best and loudest shows I've seen but Elf Power seems to be a very different band now. I haven't purchased either of their last two (or maybe even three) albums. Are they still good live? Who is opening up for them? Thank you!

sculpturedsoundsketch
03-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by dpb
I've seen Elf Power twice in my life, both times back in 2000 in Cambridge, MA, both shows fucking rocked! seriously, two of the best and loudest shows I've seen but Elf Power seems to be a very different band now. I haven't purchased either of their last two (or maybe even three) albums. Are they still good live? Who is opening up for them? Thank you!

I can totally and completely recommend that you pick up those last 2 or 3 elf power albums and that you see them live again if you can! I saw them twice also, last time was on their "creatures" tour and they were as awesome as ever. Andrew Reiger was really sick too and he still tore it up completely. They even did some straight out punk up there. They're definitely one of the best live shows I've seen.
:D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

chromewaves
03-05-2004, 01:24 PM
and as a bonus - they're playing with Tobin Sprout (ex-GBV)! In Toronto, at least. Kick ass.

sculpturedsoundsketch
03-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by chromewaves
and as a bonus - they&#039;re playing with Tobin Sprout (ex-GBV)! In Toronto, at least. Kick <b>***</b>.

My jealousy has hit an all-time high...

dolemites_sister
03-06-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by chromewaves
and as a bonus - they&#039;re playing with Tobin Sprout (ex-GBV)! In Toronto, at least. Kick <b>***</b>.

OH MY GOD!!!! I wish they would hurry up and invent the teleporter!

lucky you....

mvespa
03-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Damn clubs and their 18+ nonsense...

I want so badly to go see them in Cambridge but little ol&#039; me is two years too young to get in the door.

kelly
04-08-2004, 07:39 PM
here you go west coast kids... all dates with summer hymns except portland.

May 11 - New Orleans, LA @ Mermaid Lounge
May 12 - Houston, TX @ The Proletariat
May 13 - Austin, TX @ Emo&#039;s
May 14 - Norman, OK @ Opolis
May 15 - Denton, TX @ Hailey&#039;s
May 17 - Tucson, AZ @ Plush
May 18 - Los Angeles, CA @ Spaceland
May 19 - San Francisco, CA @ Café Du Nord
May 21 - Seattle, WA @ Neumo&#039;s
May 22 - Portland, OR @ Roseland (with The Shins)*
May 23 - Anacortes, WA @ Dept. of Safety
May 26 - Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge
May 27 - Kansas City, MO @ Jackpot
May 28 - Columbia, MO @ Mojo&#039;s
May 29 - Memphis, TN @ Hi- Tone

ladylamentingonalawnchair
04-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Minnesota feels left out.

pepe
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Yes we do indeed lady

dolemites_sister
04-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Going to the show in Chattanooga tonight!!!

woohoo!

dolemites_sister
04-16-2004, 03:29 AM
It was an excellent show.

I haven&#039;t had a chance to listen to the new album yet.... But the songs were good live.

Miss Trudy
04-16-2004, 08:44 PM
I hear they&#039;re play 5-25 in Salt Lake City too. Hooray!!!

(and Summer Hymns)

This is too good to be true!

oblio
04-21-2004, 06:58 AM
i saw elf power last night in montreal
it was at a far away venue in a part of town i never go to. about 6 people showed up. elf power played first and they we&#039;re pretty good despite sound system problem. i left before zumm zumm but i didn&#039;t really care

acrobat
04-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by oblio
i saw elf power last night in montreal...about 6 people showed up.

good grief that&#039;s awful.

Guillaume
04-21-2004, 07:55 PM
yeah so 3 ppl out of the 6 that was at the show last night in montreal are on the message board.. fun!

elf power deserve more than 6 ppl at their show, i guess its because of the location of the venue.
i enjoyed seeing elf power live.. i wish they played "oh what a beautiful dream"! but the whole set was really good!

p.s. hello oblio!

oblio
04-22-2004, 09:07 AM
quit following me you loser

Guillaume
04-22-2004, 03:12 PM
yeah so oblio i discovered a few days ago who you were and now i understand why you hate me..

i guess if i was ugly like you are i would try to get other people&#039;s attention just like you&#039;re doing.
thank god i dont have that uglyness!! i think i would kill myself if i was ugly like you! oh god, you are so ugly inside and outside, why do you have to wear those horrible clothes?
eh when i look at my hairy butt in the mirror it look just like your face with those crazy curly-as-hell hair!
come on dave do yourself a favor:

1. buy new clothes and shave your "hair"
2. or kill yourself

that was nice seeing you, it help me with my low self esteem: i know im not the worst!

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by Guillaume]

brianjeremy
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
I went to the tour opener on April 9 show in Greenville and it was a pretty cool show. I had never heard of the guys, except for the E6 connection. So I went and checked them out. Andrew grew up just down the road in Greer, so it was a homecoming show for him and the first time they had played G-Ville. Some of his family were there (his father, brother and others). There were only about 100 people in attendence at the most.

Their opening band sucked (Zumm Zumm). They dancers stunk, literally, and wore tutu&#039;s. The only funny part was one of them was not wearing panties. EP put on a great show though. They played most, if not all of the Beggar Boys and about played a few covers (Brian Eno, the Bad Brains, the Wire, Iggy Pop amoung others). They ended the show with a 10 minute jam of "I Wanna Be Your Dog." Overall they played about 2 hours and it was great. They made a fan out of me and Andrew was a nice guy.

jahrabbi
02-03-2006, 12:59 PM
"Their opening band sucked (Zumm Zumm). They dancers stunk, literally, and wore tutu's. The only funny part was one of them was not wearing panties. "

i think this brianjeremy dude has a vendetta, but it seems like he gets it.