PDA

View Full Version : Last night in Chapel Hill

wilson
01-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Last night's show was really great. Decent crowd despite snow on the ground (and standard NCers' snow freakout) AND a home UNC basketball game (for which I turned down tickets in order to attend the show!). The band seemed jovial and excited about everything happening. I won't post a setlist since I assume it'll be fairly static through the shows and I'm not going to play the spoiler.

Merch booth: walked away with the tour 10" (from the In a Cave tour?) and a couple Elf Power tote bags, though Jimmy refused to take the extra money I tried to hand over to make up for getting into the show for free.

wilson
01-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Although, where was Mr. Radiowires last night???

el topo
01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Merch booth: walked away with the tour 10" (from the In a Cave tour?) and a couple Elf Power tote bags, though Jimmy refused to take the extra money I tried to hand over to make up for getting into the show for free.

Is that the Venus and Mercury 10"?

http://opticalatlas.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/venusandmercury.jpg

Or is it something else?

Mimi_Merlot
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
how did i not know about this?

Magistrate of Latitude
01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
It was so cool, i got the Venus and Mercury 10" and then got all the band to sign it

overall it was a really good show

jdrawmeasheep
01-22-2009, 08:18 PM
how did i not know about this?

ive been asking myself that same quesion for a while

radiowires
01-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Although, where was Mr. Radiowires last night???

awaaaayyyyyyyyyy

sadly. wish I could have been there!!! but- MUSIC TAPES, cat's cradle, March 5, AM I RIGHT? And we should road trip to Athens for the final show of the tour 2 night later. :rolleyes:

wilson
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
awaaaayyyyyyyyyy

sadly. wish I could have been there!!! but- MUSIC TAPES, cat's cradle, March 5, AM I RIGHT? And we should road trip to Athens for the final show of the tour 2 night later. :rolleyes:

Oh shit, the Athens show is a Saturday night, that is perfect!

radiowires
01-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh shit, the Athens show is a Saturday night, that is perfect!

is the Music Tapes show really on at the Cat's Cradle? I just looked at the venue's listing in the Independent and didn't see any shows for March 5... whassup.