PDA

View Full Version : sound in yesterdays world

Dooders
11-08-2008, 01:41 PM
does anyone know what that sound is used during the chorus of yesterdays world...? i think everyone will know what im talkin about

Captain Insano
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
does anyone know what that sound is used during the chorus of yesterdays world...? i think everyone will know what im talkin about

ha
considering our boy, Will, likes to layer a million sounds into one track i dont know if i really know what you're talking about but i can guess that i hear some
sprinkly noisemakers...
a tamborine maybe?
a clarinet
is that a clarinet man this question is impossible

:)

Dooders
11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
ha
considering our boy, Will, likes to layer a million sounds into one track i dont know if i really know what you're talking about but i can guess that i hear some
sprinkly noisemakers...
a tamborine maybe?
a clarinet
is that a clarinet man this question is impossible

:)

im pretty sure its a guitar and the 2nd time the chorus comes around its louder and more clear.. its definitely sticks out in the chorus. i dont know what else to say haha

schroeder
11-23-2008, 08:58 PM
yyyyOp yyyyyyyyyOp

Dooders
11-24-2008, 01:25 AM
yyyyOp yyyyyyyyyOp

yes!

tito00
11-24-2008, 04:01 AM
are you talking about the kind of fuzzy guitar ?

Dooders
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM
are you talking about the kind of fuzzy guitar ?

iNdEEd.

theaddingmachine
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
well, it's being played backwards.. if i'm thinking of the same thing

tito00
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Sounds like it was reversed or he's using a low-attack effect or maybe just a volume pedal or something like this... :D

Liam_Shoemole
11-24-2008, 03:30 PM
It sounds backwards to me. I can heard the attack at the end of each yooooM. I also think he's done something clever with phase reversal in one speaker or something. When I listen to it on headphones, the sound is incredibly headfilling and thick. When is listen to it on speakers, it sounds thin and much quieter, almost as if there is phase cancellation occuring.

tsuxiit
11-27-2008, 01:36 PM
It sounds just as incoherent backwards as forwards.

My guess is it's just some kind of synthesizer. I can kind of achieve the sound with really aggressive fuzz. Tuned down a half step, I play the fifth fret on the E string, an open A, and the 7th fret on the D string, and cause the little interruptions by strumming, with your finger, the "chord" such as it is. With the right kind of fuzz it sounds similar enough. But when it goes to the C# you can tell it has to be a synthesizer on the record.

Dooders
11-27-2008, 03:34 PM
It sounds just as incoherent backwards as forwards.

My guess is it's just some kind of synthesizer. I can kind of achieve the sound with really aggressive fuzz. Tuned down a half step, I play the fifth fret on the E string, an open A, and the 7th fret on the D string, and cause the little interruptions by strumming, with your finger, the "chord" such as it is. With the right kind of fuzz it sounds similar enough. But when it goes to the C# you can tell it has to be a synthesizer on the record.

Yea it just seems as if that fuzz is just too much and too perfect for a guitar.
Its got its own little unique fuzz to it too.
thanks everyone =)