PDA

View Full Version : best elf power record?

seamantis
10-16-2008, 05:13 AM
what do you think?

Harnk
10-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Haven't heard the new one..thought back to the web was pretty decent..like red king best, though none of their records ever really blew me away..

mirk
10-17-2008, 08:44 AM
i agree that some elf power albums don't blow me away as a whole. i think when the red king comes and a dream in sound are their strongest. i'm also particularly found of vainly clutching at my phantom limbs, creatures, and walking with the beggar boys. the last two and the winter is coming are the ones that i'm less likely to make it through in their entirety. i think every album has at least a few stand out tracks.

pinocchio
10-27-2008, 07:35 AM
I'll actually also say When The Red King Comes is best by far. And... Back To The Web is awesome. I like Creatures a ton. Vainly Clutching is awful.... the rest are are mediocre. I don't have one of 'em I forget what it's called.

Dihnekis
10-27-2008, 12:16 PM
When The Red King Comes for me. I just got the new one (signed by laura carter!), but haven't listened to it much yet.

okinomiyaki-sensei
10-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I like 'The Winter Is Coming' best. It's the darkest one, I think.

starman
10-30-2008, 11:00 AM
A Dream in Sound is my favorite, but Red King is definitely a very close second.

emmi_i
10-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I like 'The Winter Is Coming' best. It's the darkest one, I think.

Yeah, I think this is my favorite as well. red king second.

Captain Insano
11-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I only have Back to the Web, In a Cave, and Walking with the Beggar Boys.

I like Back to the Web the best out of those, but I'll need to get When the Red King Comes for sure.

I've been back to my old music listening habits with just Neutral Milk Hotel and the Mountain Goats in rotation. It's like a black hole ha.

But I'll probably stop by the record store sometime next week to pick this one up.
I can trust you guys, I'm sure it rules.