PDA

View Full Version : I finally got ahold of Circulatorys Self-Titled and I dont understand...

Dooders
07-18-2008, 02:25 PM
What is so great about them? The only reason i could process would be that all the OTC fans are just following Will Hart. Olivia is 99999999999x more amazing than Circulatory and i just don't understand all the enthusiasm. I have to admit I will be buying the new album though...

el topo
07-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Wait a few days and then listen to it again.

;)

Dooders
07-18-2008, 02:36 PM
it all just seemed so unvaried and depressing but, i guess ill give it another listen in a couple days. Can you point out any strong points or songs?

David_R._Gross
07-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes "The Lovely Universe."

I agree with you that OTC was a better band, but there is more to CS than you think. I suggest listening when you can give the album full attention, with head phones helps too.

Abel
07-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Circulatory System is the strongest album out of the three, in my observations. It took me a while to understand, but I think it has even stronger melodic and topical themes than Black Foliage and is more subtle about it. It's a more stripped down sound than OCT's records, which really helps you feel the "space." Also, it seems like there is a connection to the other efforts, and it's a natural sort of progression.

applesacks
07-18-2008, 06:34 PM
dude i thought Will was kinda depressing sounding on this album at first too - listen to it again and try not to compare it to otc. that album is seriously otherworldly. it's as if they didnt write the music but the music wrote itself.

Kirby
07-18-2008, 07:28 PM
you gotta let it seep in lol

Juttman@mac.com
07-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I heard this before any OTC, and I think I prefer it to OTC.

It creates such an excellent atmosphere and emotion. It is great.

Slyowl
07-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I've never understood it when people say its depressing. It blew my mind for joy because of the rhythms that feel like they're floating upwards, and all the spaces within the sound, its like visiting different rooms and levels and in and out of atmospheres with different dancing shapes colours in each place. And the words: "You can still believe in joy, even when the world is full of hate, you can blast away inside, way inside, there's no reason to doubt it." It is not possible to get any more transcendantly joyful than those lines, surely? But that's part of the reason they make me so happy, because when I'm listening to them its like KNOWING that no matter how perfectly beautiful the love behind the universe it, its only going to get better.

Am I alone?

applesacks
07-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I've never understood it when people say its depressing. It blew my mind for joy because of the rhythms that feel like they're floating upwards, and all the spaces within the sound, its like visiting different rooms and levels and in and out of atmospheres with different dancing shapes colours in each place. And the words: "You can still believe in joy, even when the world is full of hate, you can blast away inside, way inside, there's no reason to doubt it." It is not possible to get any more transcendantly joyful than those lines, surely? But that's part of the reason they make me so happy, because when I'm listening to them its like KNOWING that no matter how perfectly beautiful the love behind the universe it, its only going to get better.

Am I alone?

i guess it's not that it's depressing but just his vocals aren't as dynamic as alot of artists and i didnt really "get that" at first

GoldenGiven
07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
i wish i could articulate what makes this album so special to me, and why it's far and away the greatest thing i've ever heard. but i can't. give this album a chance and it will reveal itself.

nice man washing
07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
I find it quite hard to convey how much this album means to me, but my late friend Dom said it best when he sat there while listening to it, his mouth hanging open, and said, "This music is really affecting me." Another friend of mine said it sounded like the Beatles if they'd made it into the 21st century.

I just find it really beautiful, immersive, moving, complex, fascinating, and deeply sad yet hopeful too.

Easily one of my favourite albums of all time, especially loud on headphones.

damonin
07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
What is so great about them? The only reason i could process would be that all the OTC fans are just following Will Hart. Olivia is 99999999999x more amazing than Circulatory and i just don't understand all the enthusiasm. I have to admit I will be buying the new album though...

the words of a fool

damonin
07-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Am I alone?

you are alone, the way he sings it is bitter sweet. the lyrics have so much optimism but his voice shows hint of defeat. thats why i love the songs so much.

tito00
07-24-2008, 11:38 AM
The few songs i know from Circulatory System are fantastic. I'm seriously thinking in ordering the self titled but i actually don't know if it's gonna be soon or not... :-/

Abel
07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
I didn't really think of it as depressing until I heard other people say it was. I can see what they mean, but I don't think it's necessarily true.

Dihnekis
07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't find it depressing at all. And it is beyond words, incredibly affecting and the Beatles of my time.

Best Albums ever:
1. Dusk
2. Black Foliage
3. Ciruclatory System
4. Aeroplane
5. Satanic Panic
6. Are You Sleepy

makellys
08-18-2008, 03:31 AM
i agree with everything thats been said on the plus points of this album...as long as im applying it to its first two thirds.
really, the first two thirds are totally magical but it takes a severe dive after that to my ears. the songs just arent there on the last third of the album. it just becomes boring, and worse than that it becomes annoying because it is a let down.
still, i do like the album, and its like no other album. its just not quite there.

kallisti
08-18-2008, 06:56 AM
the words of a fool

Yeah totally. People with different opinions about music are idiots and anyone who expresses an unpopular opinion should immediately be shut down and insulted. Yup.

LouisRiel
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
i agree with everything thats been said on the plus points of this album...as long as im applying it to its first two thirds.
really, the first two thirds are totally magical but it takes a severe dive after that to my ears. the songs just arent there on the last third of the album. it just becomes boring, and worse than that it becomes annoying because it is a let down.
still, i do like the album, and its like no other album. its just not quite there.

Wait, what song does it suddenly turn mediocre at? Because Days to Come to Should A Cloud Replace A Compass? is pretty spectacular in my opinion.

Harnk
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM

sounds as though you just finished a seminar in Persuasive Speech....you fucking idiot (on so many levels and accounts)

Dihnekis
08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Wait, what song does it suddenly turn mediocre at? Because Days to Come to Should A Cloud Replace A Compass? is pretty spectacular in my opinion.

Yeah I really don't know what he is talking about. The end of the album has some of my favorite songs.

makellys
08-19-2008, 03:43 AM

i can never remember the names of the songs, but the one starts of with just a cello or something and then loads of percussion comes in. that sounds like the climax to the album, and the remainder is just kind of exhausting, though the last song is a nice touch.

Dooders
08-25-2008, 05:30 PM
i just finished listening to CS for the first time since i made this post and i have to say i missed a lot. i just love otc and wanted to hear more like it but CS is amazing on its own. i fault myself for comparing but now that i have had a focused headphone listen i found another great band =) looks like i have another album to look forward to, i cant wait till CS's new album comes out.

emmi_i
08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
it just takes a listen or to to settle in.

David_R._Gross
08-26-2008, 06:11 AM
.....now that i have had a focused headphone listen i found another great band.....

Yea, I don't know what it is about headphones, but they seem to be the doors to a whole new world for most albums. I'm glad you found an appreciation for CS. Will's genius is waiting to be revealed; on the "Grand Scale" of course. I think that goes for The E6 Collective as a whole really. Be thankful that you are living it, right now. I know I am.

Fare Thee Well,

DRG

Abel
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Headphones just give you better sound quality for your money, and, obviously, a much closer and direct sound. To me, they're the only absolute method to experience music.

damonin
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
a nice high fi stereo and a really good pair of headphones are amazing.

psychedelicious
10-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Inside Views is pretty amazing as well, if you have a copy of that or can find one. It's on the intarwebs. It is a self-remixed cute-n-paste type thing. Shuffle mode is intended, but it's awesome any way you listen.

Dooders
10-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Inside Views is pretty amazing as well, if you have a copy of that or can find one. It's on the intarwebs. It is a self-remixed cute-n-paste type thing. Shuffle mode is intended, but it's awesome any way you listen.

yea ive been trying to find Inside Views on the web (to download) for months but i cant find it. im very curious but not enough to purchase it =) haha

BlahBlah
10-25-2008, 07:52 AM
It's on that torrent site that is an exclamation one might make if they have just heard something surprising or confusing.

David_R._Gross
10-25-2008, 08:21 AM
OiNK...?

sliceof
10-25-2008, 10:33 AM
It's on that torrent site that is an exclamation one might make if they have just heard something surprising or confusing.

Yeah can you give another clue.

emmi_i
10-25-2008, 10:41 AM
are you refering to WhaaaT See Dee?

BlahBlah
10-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes!

Dooders
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
would someone do the honor of emailing me or pming me the linkage...???? ;) my email is dooders911@Hotmail.com i would greatly appreciate it!

ufoinkushiro
02-03-2009, 06:23 AM
this record is where it's at, the music flows like nothing i've ever heard

Akryllic Love
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
i can never remember the names of the songs, but the one starts of with just a cello or something and then loads of percussion comes in. that sounds like the climax to the album, and the remainder is just kind of exhausting, though the last song is a nice touch.

He's talking about "A Peek"

Sorry for bumping this thread