PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

acrobat
01-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to post something in the Dressy Bessy board.

Post something!! Go on! Yes, YOU ;)

opopopo
01-24-2004, 01:59 AM
okay! since you specifically pointed me out, i shall post something. i shall post that listening to sound go round (tragically my only dressy bessy album, but this fact will change the moment i am able to find another) makes me absurdly happy in a giddy girly awesome sort of way.

i shall also post that i was in a costume shop earlier today, and was tempted to buy a large fushia wig.

to add to that, i think we have some swiss cheese in the fridge.

dolemites_sister
01-24-2004, 04:12 AM
I began listening to the new album for the first time since I got it again...

Tidy is such a good song.. It just gets stuck in your head, but not in the annoying way...

j

nervesandgel
01-24-2004, 12:24 PM
i think dressy bessy is playing tonight with the breezy porticos. i've been kind of sick so i'm not sure if i'm going yet.

dolemites_sister
01-24-2004, 02:26 PM
get well get well soon we want you to get well

j

Freek
01-24-2004, 03:04 PM
how I love their latest album!

I think "Just once more" is the best single from 1993, or would be were it released as such. The term Catchy doesn't do it justice. I am always afraid of accidents happen when I play this in my car, since my head must go up and down in a non-metal headbanging kind of way. And when after "just enough and it goes on and on" you think it can't get better, it does, with the part "is too much, but oh well". My car insurance company would remove this cd from my home if he read this

nervesandgel
01-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by dolemites_sister
get well get well soon we want you to get well

j

thank you

i've been feeling better, i've basically been bed ridden for the past five days, so getting out of the house sounded good.
the show was fun. i always forget how good this band is. thats one good thing about denver is you get to see dressy bessy many times a year.
they had a new drummer tonight, i had heard rumor that they may be getting a new drummer. don't know if its permernant or not. but she was rocking, and sounded really good singing back up with tammy.

well off to bed for me, i just realized its 5:30 in the morning.

dolemites_sister
01-25-2004, 07:33 AM
I have only been able to attend one DB show... It was so much fun! They are just incredible live. Dressy Bessy is just fun music!!! I love to listen to ANY of the albums on the way to work... It always makes me happy..
j

opopopo
01-25-2004, 12:25 PM
seeing them live woud be so utterly divine... i dearly hope that happens for me sometime. i am also going to put a little extra effort in finding their other albums. wish me luck and a bucket of gummi bears.

perfectbrokenmirror
01-25-2004, 12:43 PM
new drummer? what happend to Darren?

c.s

nervesandgel
01-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by perfectbrokenmirror
new drummer? what happend to Darren?

c.s

i honestly think it has to do with touring conflicts. dressy bessy tours about 7 months out of the year, and that conflicts with darren somehow. not positive on that one though, if i hear anything i'll let you know.

acrobat
01-25-2004, 06:40 PM
you know I was going to ask them about Darren at the Dec. 4 show, but I was just afraid that if it was something weird going on, that maybe I shouldn't bring it up. When I saw them it was her first night playing live with them (forgot her name) and she was pretty good for first night out.

and yeah, her harmonies with Tammy were good! :)

acrobat
01-31-2004, 08:52 PM
so...does anyone know what's up with Darren?

sir lancelot
03-09-2004, 10:54 AM
their new drummer is Becky Barron. she used to play drums, etc...in Poundsign and Scrabbel. she's from San Francisco. she's a friend of mine and she's real cool. she's got a good voice that i'm sure goes real well with Tammy's.....i've yet to see the new line-up....because i live in DC...soon, i hope.

ladylamentingonalawnchair
03-09-2004, 02:11 PM
from #poundsign#? cool!