PDA

View Full Version : Tours

pepe
04-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Well, as the official one and only Great Lakes postier, I figured it was time to write once again. I now know that Great Lakes is going on tour sometime in the near future, but what i would like to know is where and when these great events will happen.

dolemites_sister
04-22-2003, 03:28 AM
I know that they will be opening for of montreal during there summer tour.

Other than that, I know nothing!

pepe
04-22-2003, 09:41 AM
Oh WOW. This is great news. Thank-you Dolemites

thelatebphelium
04-22-2003, 10:48 AM
the rough sketch of the tour is thus...

great lakes/of montreal week long tour
of the southern states in early/mid june.

june 19th - athfest - athens.

then great lakes w/o of montreal will
make another week or so long tour that will
lead to the group to chicago and new york
with a number of towns inbetween.

so basically... east of the mississippi.
b.p.

pepe
04-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh I hate to be that bug, but could you all please stop by Minneapolis on tour. I mean it isn't too much further and I know a lot of poeple would come and see you all.

I would :(

el topo
04-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes, and on the way to Minneapolis, stop by Madison! We're friendly. I've never seen the Great Lakes before--they need to stretch their legs!

thelatebphelium
04-24-2003, 03:12 AM
i really haven't a clue where we're going, but we'll know in a couple of weeks.
i like both cities, but somehow i see cleveland in our future. ;)

as far as anybody seeing the great lakes,
few have! this will be our first real tour of the u.s.!

channelfan
04-24-2003, 09:29 AM
i had the great privelidge of seeing the lakes twice, in atlanta and athens. they opened for the apples and needless to say the shows were out of this universe. that was when the first lakes cd had just come out and i was listening to it nearly nonstop. we made the road trip from austin just to see these shows and visit athens. it was my birthday and twas a memorable one indeed, probably the best. i also saw them at the kindercore expo. i've spoken with ben a few times and he's a great guy.

anyway, i am extrememly hopeful that they will be stopping by austin on this tour!

dolemites_sister
04-24-2003, 05:03 PM
I also enjoyed the great lakes live when I saw them open for belle and sebastian!

I didn't really know much about them until then.... I definetly want to see them again! :)

abstrick
04-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Me too. I was at the B&S show where Great Lakes opened. I really enjoyed them. Hope I get another chance to see a live show.